PDA

View Full Version : Completion to license aquisition

Jezzmeister
23rd May 2005, 15:15
Hi all

Nearly got my hours for my ppl and about to sit my ground exams.
Assuming i pass them all as well as FHT, when would my licence be issued?

I remember passing my driving test, and although i had to send off for the license from dvla(a few weeks) i was licensed to drive on the road that day.

Is it the same with regards to the ppl? If not, how long does the CAA usually take to process the documents??

Just wondering-what with summer time approaching and wanting to make most of the summer weather.

Any replies would be much appreciated

Jezz

MikeAlphaBravo
23rd May 2005, 15:22
I am afraid your in for a good 2-3 week wait after you have posted all the forms off to the CAA. Nice feeling when it finally arrives though!

Gertrude the Wombat
23rd May 2005, 18:19
But remember you can fly solo in the meantime (if you get each flight authorised by an instructor), you just can't take passengers.

Blinkz
23rd May 2005, 19:05
If you look on the CAA website and the Personnel Licensing page it shows you the dates of the applications that they are currently up to. I don't know how accurate this is tho.

nouseforaname
24th May 2005, 06:11
there may be some reason why the don't issue the licence you see

cjhants
24th May 2005, 11:37
two weeks ago, when i handed in my forms, was told 13 working days, so anyday now hopefully the licence will arrive.
you can fly solo (must be properly authorised by an instructor), and get checked out by an instructor, but must not carry passengers until the licence is in your hands.
the wait will depend on how many applications they have to deal with. if there is a rush of passes, would expect delay to increase and vice-versa.
good luck with the exams.

Bob Stinger
24th May 2005, 11:42
Mine has been with the CAA for over 3 weeks.

BeauMan
24th May 2005, 12:06
With a bit of luck your application is in just before the summer (?) rush, so you should have it back reasonably quickly. As a rough guide, I put in for mine a year ago yesterday, and it took three weeks until I got that little brown book.

As Gertrude says, you can fly solo (and your club should now only charge you PPL rate, not training rate :ok: ), but until that little brown book is in your grubby mitts, you can't take pax.

Hope that helps, and well done!

BM

Kanu
24th May 2005, 13:41
Sent off all the relevant papers 3 1/2 weeks ago. The CAA were kind enough to bill my account almost straight away but still no licence yet:mad:.

Bob Stinger
29th May 2005, 06:24
Got mine yesterday they had it for 26 days.

OVC002
29th May 2005, 18:37
Is anyone aware of a good reason why the CAA do not delegate initial responsibility for the issue of a "temporary" licence to the examiner that does the skills test?

I'm sure there must be a reason, I just can't for the life of me work out what it might be.

kookabat
31st May 2005, 01:30
You lot are lucky you don't have to put up with the security checks they're doing on all Aussie pilots now - passed my PPL six weeks ago, no sign of the licence as yet. Not that that's bad - mate of mine is still waiting almost FIVE MONTHS after passing the test!!!!:{

At least they're not charging us for the privelige of background checks... yet:yuk:

Flik Roll
31st May 2005, 06:55
You do have to wonder why it takes them so long...they don't even insert the pages in the cover for you! Mine took 10 days on the dot when I had it done 2 years ago.