PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation

GCA
23rd May 2005, 11:37
Hey guys,

I'm on the June course, 204 and was wondering what the rest of you guys on this course are doing about accomodation in Bournemouth.

George

greig
23rd May 2005, 12:18
Hi George,

I'm another one on the June course and am thinking along the lines of sharing a flat when I get down there. Now that the course is 10 months straight(give or take a few weeks holiday) I would prefer to do that, rather than B&B it!!
Will just wait and see what others are thinking when we get down to the Induction week in Southampton.
5 weeks and counting!!

sla
23rd May 2005, 13:03
Do you know for a fact that the course is 10 months? Have you had any info from the college yet, do you know how long the introductory course will last? I keep checking the post every day and still nothing! I'm just impatient for more information at the moment, I've been waiting so long for this!

At least I don't have to worry about sorting out my accomodation, I'm staying put at home so that after a hard day at college my husband will have the dinner on the table for me and all the housework done.:=

rachb01
23rd May 2005, 14:48
I thought it was 18 months?

greig
23rd May 2005, 15:24
I was told by CATC back in Feb/March that the course for area anyway had been changed and the unit placements had been cust out the time spent at CATC. This means the area course anyway is now approx 10 months with longer spent OJT when you are posted to your unit. I was given a break down of the course then with specific dates but these will now be changed with the June course being knocked back.
Best to check with CATC at Bournemouth for up to date info.

Gonzo
23rd May 2005, 15:38
Look halfway down this page....

CATC course (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167795&perpage=15&pagenumber=2)

...for the post by Dances with Boffins

REVOLUTION
25th May 2005, 12:20
When I went through the college it was 18 months, however people are now doing a 10 month course. Bear in mind that you normally have to spend about 5 weeks at a unit away from Bournemouth doing 'familiarisation' (listening in on the radar).