PDA

View Full Version : Eurocontrol Enroute Charges for Private Flights

EESDL
23rd May 2005, 08:57
OK, so who knows the score? Easy, up-to-date, explaination/link would be nice!!!

Chilli Monster
23rd May 2005, 10:08
Doesn't matter whether you're Private or not.

ANY IFR flight with a MTOW 2000 kg's or over, not landing at the same point of departure, and where the distance is greater than 50nm's (though that could be 50 km's, not sure) is charged.

Air Navigation Charges (http://www.eurocontrol.int/corporate/public/standard_page/cb_airnavigationcharges.html) is the link you want.

EESDL
24th May 2005, 09:12
Sorry, forgot to mention that flight was VFR and aircraft less than 5.7T. That's fraud in my book.
Have read all the websites and still can't see how they can justify charging me, hence the query to a wider audience.

2Donkeys
24th May 2005, 09:18
You don't mention the actual MTOW, nor which FIRs the flight took place in.

EESDL
25th May 2005, 07:17
2.4T London FIR

bcfc
25th May 2005, 07:42
I tried working out the cost of an IFR flight from Exeter to Manachester in my 172.

My calculator blew up when I got to square rooting distance factors. Didn't matter really, the page with the unit rates is broken :hmm:

Gotta pity the poor Germans. Training, calibration and circular flights aren't exempt - they get stung every which way. :{

Flyin'Dutch'
25th May 2005, 16:38
Last 172 I saw was well under 2000kg. They are free IFR and VFR.

E,

If your flight was at night it would have been charged. No VFR at night in the UK.

flyingfemme
25th May 2005, 17:54
If you were VFR (day) then you can just dispute the bill. The data-gathering is a bit flaky sometimes - although it has improved vastly over the last 2/3 years.

Use the email or fax from the bill and tell 'em you were VFR.

DFC
25th May 2005, 21:17
The questions are;

Was the whole flight completed in day time?

Did the flight remain VMC at all times?

Did the flight take advantage of LARS?

If so did it use RAS (which is generally available to IFR flights only)?

Any of the above could make a difference.

Just simply return the bill with an explanation that you were day VMC at all times and operated VFR at all times. That should sort it out.

Regards,

DFC