PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Radio Telephone Operator's certificate

Ross_11
23rd May 2005, 06:16
Hello,
I am keen on obtaining a Canadian Commercial pilot license. In this regards I had some questions with particular reference to obtaining a Radiotelephone operator’s license (Aeronautical). It’ll be great if anyone here can pitch in with a word or two.
1. Firstly, how does one go about obtaining a Canadian Radiotelephone operator’s Certificate. I looked up the Transport Canada website, but couldn’t find much info on this. Where can I obtain more information on this such experience requirements, validity, tests/exams for it, privileges, etc.
2. Does one need to be in possession of a Private or Commercial license for it?
3. How does one go about converting a Canadian RadioTelephone operator’s certificate to one that is valid in the USA?
4. Given a choice between a Canadian and UK Radio telephone licenses, which of the two is more versatile with regards to conversions to one that is valid in the USA?

Appreciate your help.
Thanks

Tonic Please
23rd May 2005, 08:33
You'd get a little more help in the Canada forum a little further down the page :)

Just a suggestion.

Jerricho
23rd May 2005, 15:26
Ross, I can only answer a few of your questions.

2. As far as I can tell, you can hold the R/T licence before obtaining your Private/Commercial licence. Abinitio ATCs undertake the exam at the College before they are posted to their units.

Reference your actually obtaining it, there is a package available with practice questions and alike. Perhaps your local ground school or flying club can help or may even have them.

Tonic Please
23rd May 2005, 16:01
Hi there again. Having reread your post, I have just understood it more.

I have a Canadian license...and I had to take a radio operators test. There was no practical involved, and I need it FOR my license. It was 100 questions if I remember correctly.

I have the license, along with my medical and pilot license in my wallet. Looking at it, it says INDUSTRY CANADA not TRANSPORT CANADA. That might help a bit too.

:)