PDA

View Full Version : GA in Ibiza

The Farmer
22nd May 2005, 17:49
Hello,

Does anyone have any knowledge of the GA scene in Ibiza? I would be grateful if anyone could give me any information regarding private hire there, flying clubs and wotnot. Internet searching is proving fruitless, and I suspect it may be me searching in English rather than in Spanish.

Thanks in advance.

Moo moo.

Monocock
22nd May 2005, 18:12
Hi there

Ironically I am off there myself on Tuesday for a week.

I have looked into this before and the only way to become involved is if you buy a 20th share in an aircraft for some reason. If you get to the right place at the airport you need to track down Xavier. He has a share in an Arrow (or it might be a C337 actually) and is very friendly.

The trouble with places like that though is that all the aircraft have the third wheel at the wrong end and have propellers that have a funny blue lever to make them work.

Good luck if you are successful finding something. If you do please let me know and make a low pass over the house overlooking Isla Vedra on the South West tip of the island!

When are you going? I can't believe there are two British flying farmers going at the same time!

Bedlam...:}

BRL
22nd May 2005, 19:23
Lock up yer sheep..................... :D

The Farmer
24th May 2005, 14:18
I'm here already! Leaving on Saturday unfortunately but tend to come out several times a year as brother and sister in law live here. Are you a flying farmer too Monocock? It's a small world [but wouldn't want to paint it etc.] Isn't there a Flying Farmers Club or something in the UK somewhere or web site or some such?

... and that isn\'t Xavier from Café Mambo is it?

Clicked the link on your commect to Farmers Weekly - is that your production, m\'lud?