PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Management Bonuses

spinout
21st May 2005, 07:42
I would like to see Qantas Management Bonuses paid about 5 years after the year they are earned, so that a review of decisions made and the effect they have had on the business can be made, this might put an end to short sighted decisions that end up costing a fortune, anyone agree??

Pimp Daddy
21st May 2005, 08:09
I'd like to see if the "great Qantaslink let's not pay everyone for a week" scam, which tipped probably $500k straight on the bottom line of the company, triggered any bonuses for any QFlink executives.

Or would I just be being cynical :hmm:

spinout
21st May 2005, 21:43
Cynical you never…..

You know it was only done to bring Eastern in line with Sunstate… and if the EBA for Eastern is delayed another month (one year) they will be able to negotiate a Eastern and Sunstate read Qantaslink EBA…

Just how many short sighted cost cutting decisions have been made only to end up costing more?

Ultralights
21st May 2005, 22:52
how about basing the bonus on share performance!

5 yrs of record profits!

and the share price hasnt moved! somethings wrong!

Fatter Bastard
23rd May 2005, 10:05
Great in theory Ultralights, but those big American corporate collapses (e.g. enron, mci worldcom) showed that fat bonuses related to the share price don't really work as all that happens is the fat-cats lie (in the upward direction of course!) about the bottom line, share price goes up, everyone happy, fat-cats sell bonus shares before inevitable collapse, transfer assets to wife and kids and spend five years in court saying they "are just the CEO, we don't have any knowledge of accounting..." before wearing oxygen masks in the courtroom and claiming they have only "months to live"...

Sunfish
24th May 2005, 05:39
Actually Spinout you are getting closer to the truth. Best practice now is for an audit of the company's capability, assets, market share and performance BEFORE a CEO is appointed and AFTER he leaves. If the business has been raped to produce false returns, the bonus vanishes.

ZIP TY
24th May 2005, 06:09
:*
Any truth that the current freeze's on projects,training,etc. are Geoff Dioxon cooking the books and getting ready to short true with his fat bounse's?:confused:

spinout
24th May 2005, 06:43
ZIP TY

you are correct....

hangar 9
24th May 2005, 07:04
Not with his spelling though " Shoot Thru." maybe???

ZIP TY
24th May 2005, 08:45
hangar 9, you are correct.
Its a bit difficult to watch the screen and over your shoulder at the same time. There a Judes's about.

Kaptin M
10th Jun 2005, 13:36
We probably mostly all agree on this - paying a performance PROVEN salary.
And as Geoff has shown that he doesn't have the skills to compete with his Asian contemporaries (in Singapore), who are undoubtedly (under)paid far, far less than Basic + $6 million that Geoff demands, surely the highest income earning management staff, who are DIRECTLY responsible for the well-being (shareholder and employee) of the Company, should be on a performance based wage.

I mean, if they're THAT good, there't won't be a problem proving it!