PDA

View Full Version : visits

rachb01
18th May 2005, 19:54
does anyone know how easy it would be to visit leeds/bradford atc. or has anyone been?

benedictus
18th May 2005, 20:02
Why not give them a call and ask?

PPRuNe Radar
22nd May 2005, 22:51
I heard from a friend who heard from some bloke in the pub whose dogs fleas told him that some posters who can't seem to understand the PPRuNe rules about personal attacks had their posts pulled.

Probably just a rumour though.

ILS 119.5
24th May 2005, 00:01
Thanks for the moderation and I agree personal attacks are not necessary. However, CHIRP comes to mind and certain problems need to be adressed, if it is not done or aired by this forum then it will be done elsewhere.

PPRuNe Radar
24th May 2005, 00:03
Air it without getting personal then, and enabling identification of an individual. It's really that simple.

People naming the unit and the individuals post (of which there is only one) is as near to actually printing his/her name as can be gotten. And PPRuNe simply won't have it.

It is not only an ATC thing, we have today also pulled some cabin crew threads, and some Dunnunda ones, for exactly the same reasons.

stillin1
24th May 2005, 17:16
Well said PPRadar
119.5 put up or shut up - put yer mouth where yer typing finger is:mad:

ILS 119.5
24th May 2005, 21:55
ok wilco. stillin1 you are but you're callsign should be "notforlong"

niknak
24th May 2005, 23:06
ILS - I seem to recall that you were in there amongst the "personal" comments, so why the change of direction?

Pprune Radar: I disagree totally, had you seen the twaddle written in the GATCO mag', along with the fact that the previous allegations have gone completely undefended, there was no reason to pull the posts, still, it's your ball - you play with it....:rolleyes:

ILS 119.5
25th May 2005, 19:46
I agree, the GATCO write up was a load of sh1te.

Change of direction, maybe but some people in this world need to be shown in their true colours.

I see someone has pulled the profile of the ATM @ LBA due to embarrassment.