PDA

View Full Version : BA summer of cancellations..again?

traveller5
17th May 2005, 13:22
Wondering what anyone employed at BA knows about the background re route changes for the summer. I received notification from BA this morning informing me that they could no longer honour my FIRST booking LHR-TLV-LHR-JFK-LHR. The TLV route apparently is be operated by a shorthaul 767 from the summer due to, quote, "acute crew shortages" and the JFK outbound sector cancelled. BA crew shortage seems never ending...

Another summer of cancellations??

Hotel Mode
17th May 2005, 13:54
Not sure about the shorthaul 767 bit, Long haul are supposed to be over crewed at the moment, but all 767's are having first removed as Flat beds are installed in Club.

As for JFK-LHR dont think its anything other than seasonal changes and new routes needing aircraft, theres certainly no problems like last year.

flyingdutchman
17th May 2005, 14:02
Sadly, dear HM, you are incorrect where WW crewing levels are concerned.

The Company say things are 'extremely tight' for June and July.

Official communication is as follows:

"Due to a severe shortage of WWLHR crew, a Tel Aviv trip will form part of the Eurofleet trip package for June and July 05".

One of the causes for the supposed shortages is the European Working Time Directive.

Crew now have to (!) take a minimum of 28 days leave days per year and those crew who had not booked the now mandatory minimum number of leave days for the Summer season are being allocated it. Hence the sudden 'shortage'.

Hope this helps.

apaddyinuk
17th May 2005, 22:05
Heathrow Worldwide crew are indeed "Tight" for the summer season and as a result Shorthaul crew are to operate the TLV route under a worldwide agreement. However the aircraft is still to be a Longhaul configured aircraft but as Hotel Mode correctly stated, all 767's are currently being dusked with the new Club World seats and as a result First is being removed from all the 767's and also the routes it primarly operates. Hope thats informative!!!