PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen a missing ......

Irish Steve
16th May 2005, 23:22
headset that looks like this one ????

http://www.4cts.com/promod/images/max_small.jpg

It's a copper/gold colour, which is rare.

Does it have a bright yellow PTT cable that looks similar to the small one in this image?

http://www.4cts.com/promod/images/hdsetleft.jpg

If you've seen a headset like this in the last 12 months, being used on pushbacks, somewhere in the UK, I'm more than interested to know where it is, as it could be mine.

Just over 12 months ago, a Seneca based at Bristol (G-DAZY) did a transplant organ ferry flight to DUB. During the flight, the headset on the aircraft failed.

Unfortunately, the spare headset on the aircraft was missing, and there was no hand microphone on board. Ooops!

The aircraft was stranded at DUB.

Later that morning, I was asked if I had my personal headset on station by the duty manager, and after some testing, to make sure that the transmission quality was acceptable to ATC, the aircraft returned to it's base.

The original plan was that my headset and lead would be returned to me on another flight from Coventry, operated by the same company. For some reason, that didn't happen, and the new plan was that it would be returned to me via an FR flight from BRS to DUB.

It never got to me. I've contacted the operator, several times, but I still do not have my headset back. As you can imagine, I am considerbly less than impressed about that, the headset and cable was worth in excess of $350, and SA never offered a cent towards it, even though they asked me to loan it to the aircraft.

So, the question is simple. This is a rare headset, there can't be many of them in the UK. Have any of you guys at the sharp end seen a headset that matches the description and picture? If you have, please PM me, as there are some things about that headset that mean I can identify it as being mine if it is, but I don't know where it's ended up.

Thanks

"Irish" Steve

what who me?
18th May 2005, 20:37
Another thread about this by now famous headset.

Maxflyer
18th May 2005, 21:04
Another thread about this by now famous headset.

If it was my headset I'd start as many threads as I could to find it. The guy tried to help someone and got shafted for his troubles.

He needs help, not smart @ss comments!

Good luck in trying to recover it.

silverknapper
18th May 2005, 21:38
Lets find the b:mad: ata:mad: :eek: . That really does suck. Someone must know it!!!

BRL
18th May 2005, 21:39
I would be peeved by this too and would ask for help here without doubt.

I hope that what has happened is someone has just picked them up and are just using them innocently.

Good luck Steve.

PPRuNe Radar
18th May 2005, 23:13
I would think the responsibility for ensuring it got back lay with the Seneca pilot (or his company). If it ain't been returned then sue them in a small claims court or something.

Sensible
19th May 2005, 06:55
I would have expected the owner/operator of G-DAZY to have lept in to ensure that the headset was either found or replaced. They after all were the ones that were greatly assisted by your deed and they should therefore find/replace the missing headset forthwith together with an ex-gratia payment as a gesture of goodwill!

This is an absolutely disgraceful situation.

The aircraft appears to be currently owned by:
CENTRELINE AIR CHARTER LTD
C/O BRISTOL FLYING CENTRE
BRISTOL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
BRISTOL
BS48 3DP
UNITED KINGDOM

I am guessing that they were the owner/operators at the time of your loss, lets hope that their conscience is prodded by this thread!

Irish Steve
19th May 2005, 22:13
I am guessing that they were the owner/operators at the time of your loss, lets hope that their conscience is prodded by this thread!

I suppose I can hope, but as Centreline never responded adequately to a direct approach by E-mail I'm not about to start holding my breath.

I was to put money on it, the most likely locations are BRS or DUB, but it could have been left on the FR aircraft and removed at another station, whatever, it's still missing.

MLS-12D
19th May 2005, 22:31
sue them in a small claims court or somethingWell-meant advice, I'm sure. But speaking as a not-entirely-uninformed person, I'd suggest that litigation is rarely a profitable exercise; and suing for small amounts is especially cost-ineffective. Among other things, collecting Small Claims Court judgment debts is a difficult and frustrating (though not impossible) process; at least, it is where I practice. :ugh:

Notwithstanding the above, if you want to draft your own claim and represent yourself, it should cost much money, and would at least get their attention.

Irish Steve
19th May 2005, 23:34
Notwithstanding the above, if you want to draft your own claim and represent yourself, it should cost much money, and would at least get their attention.

Might come to that, one slight snag is that the aircraft is based in the UK, and I'm resident in Ireland, so even filing the papers is not that simple, and I fear that the operator is relying on that.

One of these days I shall be visiting family in that part of the world, so may well call on them without warning, and make it clear I'm not leaving without a solution.

Sore point all the way round, there's a lot more to this than just the headset, but this thread is not the place for it.

Thanks for the ideas.

Cheers

PPRuNe Radar
19th May 2005, 23:51
Irish Steve,

I would write to the operator (by recorded delivery) explaining exactly what has happened so far and inviting them to let you know how they plan to resolve the situation. You may also wish them to pass a copy of the letter directly to the pilot involved as well.

In the meantime, you can contact their local County Court and ask for a Small Courts Claim form. It is this, plus a fee, which you would then submit to bring about an action.

Bristol County Court
Greyfriars
Lewins Mead
Bristol
BS1 2NR
General Enquiry: +44 117 9106700

If Centreline do not reply, or decline to put it right, then you should advise them that you will take the matter to the Small Claims Court for judgement. As I understand it, if you win, you will not only get your goods back (or be compensated) but also can claim the fee as fixed costs.

Try a Google on UK Small Courts Claims for further information.

This seems comprehensive :ok:

http://www.netlawman.co.uk/info/small-claims-advice.php

Information and FAQs on the form (including some specimen letters you can send to rogues before going to court) can be found here:

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex301_0405.pdf

(None of the above is qualified legal advice, see various UK solicitors or UK Government websites for full and proper information.)

Irish Steve
20th May 2005, 00:46
Thanks for the links and info, I shall indeed look into that, as it's a lot less hassle than trying to do something here.

Cheers

Monocock
20th May 2005, 08:53
I wouldn't be surprised if they had been taken to a lock-up somewhere and sprayed pink by now.....

I'll be off then

Maude Charlee
20th May 2005, 08:57
MODS!!!!!

He mentioned the thread of which one dare not speak! ARREST THAT MAN!!!

;)

Chilli Monster
20th May 2005, 09:55
Have you thought of dropping a PM to Phil Brockwell (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=63354) and seeing if the direct approach works?

silverknapper
20th May 2005, 10:57
Good idea. And post the reply on here.