PDA

View Full Version : Tatenhill -Derby Excellent

Do you know who I am
16th May 2005, 20:22
I had the pleasure of visiting Tatenhill in Derby on Sunday. It has a few grass strips and a tarmac strip ideal for our Seneca 5. It really is a great field, they are very friendly and the lady in the tea room was lovely.

Well worth a visit but remember to fly over Alton Towers on the way, if your ever going into Derby you know your nearly there by the big white factory (Toyota) it's massive. I like Derby Airfield but with trees on the approach/take off I now opt for Tatenhill. Have a go at Derby if you want some short field fun, check the pooleys lol.

Hope your all well.

DubTrub
16th May 2005, 21:00
Do you know who I am
Yes, we do...and we know where you live. Bring the money, or else the dog gets it.
;)

Glad you enjoyed Tatenhill. Always a favourite.

Small Rodent Driver
16th May 2005, 21:33
Was also at Tatenhill Sunday in the old, slow, yellow Cub.

Echo the sentiment re: the lady in tea room. Excellent bacon sarnie.

Hope to visit again soon.

Fried_Chicken
16th May 2005, 21:46
Have they still got the Silver Antonov2 there? Wouldn't mind a bash in one of those things!

Fried Chicken

ShyTorque
16th May 2005, 22:19
AN-2 wasn't there tonight as we flew over, haven't seen it for a few days now. It's probably still somewhere between late downwind and base leg... ;)

muffin
17th May 2005, 06:48
It was there on Sunday morning when I went in for fuel. Normally parked on the disused runwayat the Northern end.

Whirlybird
17th May 2005, 07:12
If I'm instructing at Tatenhill next Saturday, I'll pass on your comments to the tea lady; she'll be delighted. And if you happen to see an R22 whizzing up and down with a different student every half hour on a Saturday, come and say hi.

gingernut
18th May 2005, 14:52
Tatenhill was by first land away trip after gaining my PPL.

Send my aplogies to the tea room lady, I promised I'd put a flyer up in our club, but somehow lost it.

Good excuse to return for a bacon buttie !

Human Factor
19th May 2005, 13:19
... and for a small fee, Margaret (the tea lady) will bake your Christmas cake! :ok: