PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Le2K recently please ?

FullyFlapped
16th May 2005, 15:06
Could do with going there tomorrow ... anything in particular to watch out for (eg unmarked ZITs, new airspace layouts, SAM installations etc) ?

Any/all advice gratefully received as per ...

Thanks,

FF :ok:

2Donkeys
16th May 2005, 15:14
When were you last there?

You may notice the disappearance of the former cross-runway.

You could read my Blog entry (http://www.polestaraviation.com/?p=30), up-to-date as of Saturday

2D

Fuji Abound
16th May 2005, 17:54
I am not sure which of these is still current as I have not been there for a little while -

Lille information has been NOTAMed unavailable for a while,

the ATIS is given in English and French so dont worry wait for the English bit of the recording,

the runway is easy to spot, running as it does parallel with the river,

when taxing watch the old railway lines on the taxi way - there is quite a dip and a risk of a prop strike I always think if your prop is close to the gorund,

appraoches are straight forward and I have never found any tendency to turbulence or shear on either approach,

bikes are readily available for rent but the hire car office is usually closed so book in advance if you need one.

2Donkeys
16th May 2005, 18:00
when taxing watch the old railway lines on the taxi way - there is quite a dip and a risk of a prop strike I always think if your prop is close to the gorund,

I think you are being a bit overcautious there Fuji. The single most uneven piece of the surface at LFAT is the taxiway out to 32 from the main apron where it crosses the former runway 24/06. Now that is uneven. At the moment, there are thick tufts of grass growing along the edges where the drains are. Definitely one to have the stick fully back for.

2D

Fuji Abound
16th May 2005, 18:19
2Donkeys - yep you are of course correct - that was the bit I had in mind.

S-Works
16th May 2005, 20:08
I was there Sunday, same old same old! Nice lunch and a couple of cases of champagne from my favourite wine shop and a lobster which I have just eaten!

FullyFlapped
16th May 2005, 21:52
Merci, mes braves !

I'll give it a go then ....

Cheers,

Yorks.ppl
17th May 2005, 08:12
Fully Flapped,
Are you flying from yourshire? if so where from? I have wanted to go to L2k as my first trip to france for ages and would love to know the ins and outs of your trip.
I fly from Sherburn at the moment so I guess I would be going from there.

Any insights would be gratefully recieved.

bar shaker
17th May 2005, 08:51
I am off there tomorrow (18th) with 12 microlights.

Someone posted up the telephone number for the airport, a while back, but I can't find it with the search. Anyone got it handy?

I have the ATIS number.

Aussie Andy
17th May 2005, 08:57
Try Google and you will find www.aeroport-letouquet.com where you will find:62520 Le Touquet Paris-Plage - France - Tél. : 03.21.05.03.99 - Fax : 03.21.05.59.34 - Telex : SEMAT 160 192 F - [email protected].

bar shaker
17th May 2005, 09:15
Thanks for that Andy

Davidt
17th May 2005, 11:08
L2K ATIS by phone French and English; 0033321055126

Any one tried the Swiss Chalet Restaurant comes recommended?

Have fun

FullyFlapped
18th May 2005, 20:33
Thanks all, went yesterday, no probs at all. A touch of pretty impressive shear on very short finals to 32 was the biggest problem I had all day, so you can see I had it easy ! WX was good, as was lunch - lovely trip!

Yorks PPL, get in touch and I'll give you a shout with details of the route etc. It's easily "doable" from Sherburn.

bar shaker
18th May 2005, 22:21
A superb day.

Tailwind there with 40 mile viz, great lunch, slept it off on the beach, got sunburnt in the cloudless skies, tailwind back.

About as good as a day's flying gets.