PDA

View Full Version : Danish Air Transport DAT

Aussie
13th May 2005, 08:30
Anyone have any info on Danish Air Transport?

Are they hiring? What kind of hrs required ect?

Do they take foreigners? Any info, please.

Aussie

Piltdown Man
13th May 2005, 08:57
An regional ATR Operator. A valid Pom (or any other EU) passport with the right to work in the EU would be a good start. Try their website on www.dat.dk.

Piltdown

Aussie
13th May 2005, 09:08
Piltdown man,

thanks for the info, i have checked the website. I have the right to work in the EU, i would just like to chat to people working in the company or know more about it than what the website offers.

Cheers

Aussie

Piltdown Man
13th May 2005, 17:36
So are you a really a Pom then?

Empty Cruise
14th May 2005, 14:09
Hi Aussie,

Quite a good company, CDR ATR pay in the region of 40K DKK, but varies a lot with base. One base (FRO) runs fixed pay, but they also have (had?) a fixed roster. Other bases have 10½ days off per month - though they generally expect you to come in on days off if you're honest enough to answer the phone. You'll get a replacement day off, that's it :{

Company speciality is ad-hoc or ACMI charters, which they do really well. But last I heard, there was a "charter only" base as a sub-group of the BLL- & CPH based crew, so not a big chance of getting into that. The alternatives is day-stop + night flight cargo out if CPH or domestic flights in Norway (FRO-BGO & FRO-OSL). However, these 2 routes are PSO & are up for grabs - perhaps answer's already in :confused: - anyway, losing these contracts would probably mean quite a blow to the cash-flow of the company. So to sum up (to my limited knowledge) - best case status quo, worst case down 2 aircraft & 18 pilots. When aircraft are made redundant in DAT, they are usually transferred to DOT, a lithuanian company that shares some of the owner & management group with DAT. All flown with lithuanian crews (or F/Os who have bought a type rating with DOT & are line training with the company). The future of this? Maybe a gradual transfer of aircraft to DOT, slowly closing down DAT but retaining the same market (ad-hoc & ACMI) & same customers. Brokers happy - they deal with the same sales & ops team, pax happy, they get c/a's speaking a minimum of scandinavian & english.

All in all - probably not that much of a job chance. If ATR rated, would try either Ireland, Italy or India - quite a lot of contracts popping up there.

Brgds,
Empty

BusyBug
15th May 2005, 09:42
Of 100+ employees, one is non-scandinavian.

Most of the pilots hired the last 2 years have about 200 hrs TT.

2 easy steps to have any chance:

1. Buy an ATR rating at DAT.

2. Apply for a job. If you did not complete step 1, don't bother.

vikingdk
16th May 2005, 19:11
empty cruise, check your PM