PDA

View Full Version : Doing N866 (route to ortac) sector wednesday before 12

cortilla
13th May 2005, 01:09
To the person doing N866 last wednesday (11th) to ortac at around 11.30 local. Sorry for messing you around. Don't quite understand why i lost radio comms to you guys, i assume i was just too far away from west drayton and too low to receive you. I got jersey fine when i got near ortac, and they told me you'd known about it for a while. I heard all the other aircraft fine, and was tempted to ask for a relay. When i finally realised that we'd lost comms, i was only about 5 miles to Ortac, so went straight to Jersey. Again sorry for messing you around, i realise that you have enough work on your plate, but hopefully only being at FL60 i shouldn't have interfered with too many a/c and caused you too much hassle. Won't bother going airways again in that aircraft. Still really appreciate that i got the airways clearance beforehand. It's a long way over water, and you want every foot you get (and the ride was so much smoother above cloud). Cheers for that guys and gals

eyeinthesky
13th May 2005, 16:42
I wasn't involved, but how nice for someone to make the effort to make amends for a problem they perceived they had caused! Well done mate.

Just a point of information: Don't be fooled into thinking that the centre controlling you is co-located with its transmitter ("i assume i was just too far away from west drayton and too low to receive you."). We have transmitters and receivers for various frequencies located all over the country at places which should give coverage throughout the airspace to which those frequencies are allocated. If we did not, I think that when I am sat at my console near Southampton controlling an aircraft in the middle of the North Sea or 100nm west of Lands End I might have trouble making myself heard!

360BakTrak
13th May 2005, 20:01
......not if you shout loud enough........:}