PDA

View Full Version : PPL Question

KBaB
12th May 2005, 08:51
Hello,

Not a professional pilot training Q but thought it best go in this forum:

I started my PPL last year at Newcastle, got solo, got about 25/26hrs then the club had some problems and I stopped flying about xmas time. Then in the new year I bought a house and found myself skint and had to stop flying.

Question is, if i go back to my ppl in a years time or so will my 25/26hrs still be ok or will I have to do them (and air law etc) all again?

I think ive spent about £3k on flying so far and dont want to feel I've wasted that cash! Hopfully I'll get back to flying at the end of summer.

Cheers guys n gals

KBaB

Turbine King
12th May 2005, 09:03
As long as its in your logbook, it still counts. Your exams will time-out though.

Kanu
12th May 2005, 14:57
Unfortunately you need to complete all your exams within an 18 month period, otherwise its back to square one (exam-wise anyway), hours still count as stated above.

Good luck

AEROsmithy
12th May 2005, 15:41
I've had to do my Air law again cos its been over a year. Its been 15 months since i did it last and i ahd to take it again.

AS

KBaB
12th May 2005, 19:17
cheers guys......not so worried now!

3 Point
13th May 2005, 16:31
While it's true to say that the hours in your log-book will still count, it's also the case that the CFI of the training facility which completes your training will need to certify to the CAA when he endorses your licence application that the training syllabus has been completed in full. It's unlikely that your logbook contains sufficient detail for him to do so, I'd certainly need to see more evidence than a couple of words in the remarks column! Note, I'm not suggesting that you have falsified you logbook; simply that more detail will be required than is usually included in the remarks!

I'd advise that you get in touch with the school, get a photocopy of all your flying records and have the CFI sign to certify that they are accurate. You can then show this to the CFI at your new school and he will probably keep a copy with your new record there. If a student leaves my school for any reason I automatically give him copies of all our records on his training to take with him to a new school.

Good luck with your flying!

3 Point

AEROsmithy
17th May 2005, 07:50
I am also in the same situation at newcastle but have started my flying again at the new flying club- Northumbria Flight Training.

There is no problem in getting your records and if you choose to start flying at EGNT again the CFI is John Corlett. (Who was one of the more experienced instructors at the aero club, for those that didnt know).

Just PM me if you want to know anything else.

AS

mazzy1026
17th May 2005, 12:58
AERO - the time gap is actually 18 months, it recently changed :ok:

GonTek
18th Jun 2005, 09:01
Hi All

A little info for all and sundry,
Under the freedom of information act brought in this year in Jan you have every right to see your flight records although you may not like what you see !

The flying school may be unwilling to let you see them and could be unaware of the legislation but it is your right...

Regards All
Aero how is the flying going : I heard you on the RT a few weeks ago..

Gertrude the Wombat
18th Jun 2005, 12:03
Under the freedom of information act brought in this year in Jan ...

I think you are almost certainly completely wrong.

Your flight records will almost certainly count as personal data, which is excluded from the Freedom of Information Act.

This is because personal data is already dealt with by the Data Protection Act, and you already had rights to see your data as a Data Subject. What the Freedom of Information Act adds is the ability to see data which is not your personal data.

GonTek
21st Jun 2005, 16:38
Interesting reply GTW I will check it out and post again

I have been wrong before !!!! ( Divorce qured that !)

Sec 40 covers it, if you can make any sense of the legal bollocks on there and would appear that there is no Freedom of information ....................