PDA

View Full Version : Commercial aviation etc. etc.

MLS-12D
10th May 2005, 15:05
Many private pilots have an interest in commercial aviation and how they interact with it. This forum is for those pilots.Are we ever going to get rid of the above dopey sub-text?

Personally, I have zero interest in commercial aviation, and I very rarely interact with it. Does that mean that I am not welcome on this forum? :confused:

Genghis the Engineer
10th May 2005, 15:19
I have to say I agree with you MLS, this forum has become one for GA professionals, PPLs who interact with them, and aviation professionals who happen to be PPLS. Personally my interest in aviation "heavy metal" primarily involves not getting in its way and vice versa.

G

MLS-12D
10th May 2005, 21:22
Personally my interest in aviation "heavy metal" primarily involves not getting in its way and vice versa.Yes indeed. Especially vice versa! ;)

BRL
10th May 2005, 22:42
Ok, so what do you suggest as a replacement?

Genghis the Engineer
11th May 2005, 06:10
"A forum for light aviation professionals, other aviation professionals who also fly for fun, PPLs and student pilots" ?

G

High Wing Drifter
11th May 2005, 06:48
How about:

"A forum for discussing all aspects of private and group flying."

J.A.F.O.
11th May 2005, 09:44
How about:

PPRuNe Forums >> Non-Airline Forums >> Private Flying
If you can't work out what that means, you probably shouldn't read any further.

BRL
11th May 2005, 10:44
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

High Wing Drifter
11th May 2005, 11:57
I'll be off then :ouch:

MLS-12D
11th May 2005, 12:46
Any of the three suggestions above are fine with me. :ok:

The important thing is that the sub-text (if indeed there has to be one; J.A.F.O. is quite right) be relevant and non-patronizing. Humourous would be a bonus.

Established Localiser
11th May 2005, 17:42
Here Here !!

Big up GA :ok:

EL

MLS-12D
12th May 2005, 13:44
So, BRL: will there be a change???? Or should we simply resign ourselves to second-class status?

If there will not be a change: why not? :confused:

critical winge
13th May 2005, 00:02
WATCHOUT, 375t coming through. Oh Guys and girls come on, its a site created by some "heavy metal" fans (drivers) for all. Your forum here looks safe to me and like this thread you can all have your own "PRIVATE" (SORRY FOR THE PUNN) chats. I don't live in the UKanymore, I don't get to mix with the insects and the GAs anymore. Come on, don't take offence, seriously we are all the miracle men and women in those magnificent flying machines sharing that unique enviroment, so lets stay together here. Hey we envy you, you go to work and fly for fun, we go to work and it kills my ass after 14hrs, is that fun? Ciao Bellas

Genghis the Engineer
13th May 2005, 06:26
Bad day at work huh CW?

G

BRL
13th May 2005, 06:26
MLS-12D Hi there. I will consider changing the sub text if something comes up that captures the feeling of the,(our) forum.

The suggestions so far are quite good but I was expecting more to be honest. Maybe we should consider a new thread purely for suggestions and choose what we feel sums the forum up, maybe after a week or so.

It is your forum at the end of the day, if you want it changed then you can have it changed if everybody else goes with it, simple really. :)

Feel free to start up a seperate thread about this as I feel, looking at the hits for this thread, not everyone is reading this so a new thread should get everyones attention and more response.

Confabulous
13th May 2005, 22:44
'Orville & Wilbur were Private Flyers. Are you?'

:cool: :ok:

Confab

MLS-12D
17th May 2005, 15:13
Well done, BRL! :ok: :ok: :ok:

Now I can go to my grave knowing that "I made a difference". ;)