PDA

View Full Version : Rental at Lee on Solent / South Coast

nipper1
9th May 2005, 18:55
I'm a looking to rent a simple single tri-gear on an ad-hoc basis from Lee on Solent (or could be Goodwood/Popham at a push). Might consider something more complex if available. Happy to join a group, but no capital currently available.

Piper Warrior/Archer, AA5 or similar would be ideal but I am more than happy to convert to anything else sensible with 2 or more seats that goes at a sensible get-you-there speed. IFR equipped preferred.

I have 290 hours with nearly 200 P1 and a current IMC rating (renewed last Wednesday). I regard myself as a sensible, safety-conscious pilot with a nil accident record.

I own a single seater but it's not quite the thing for going places!

Messages here or PM me with serious ideas.

PS. I need something for this Friday (13th.....!) if possible.

BEXIL160
9th May 2005, 19:44
You have a PM
rgds BEX

Mike Cross
9th May 2005, 20:35
For Popham rentals Click Here (http://www.popham-airfield.co.uk/Aircraft_Rental.htm)

Mike

eyeinthesky
9th May 2005, 20:46
Carill Aviation are now at Lee on Solent. They have a selection of Cherokees to choose from and an Arrow. They will require the usual flying club checkouts, and will not necessarily be as cheap as a group.

I imagine the advertising ban will prevent me from posting a phone number or email address, but I'm sure with a little imagination you could solve that one.

Just one worry I have. How does:
"I regard myself as a sensible, safety-conscious pilot "
square with:
" I need something for this Friday (13th.....!) if possible"
if you consider the need to make contact with your group, agree details, be checked out on type, be added to the paperwork, and be signed off to go by Friday?

I wonder whether you might be being too hasty.

nipper1
9th May 2005, 21:57
It's a hard timescale with a group I agree, but not so hard for a straight hire (as I requested). Given that I live less than 5 minutes drive from the airfield, work from home and could do a checkride anytime between now and Friday, I see no conflict between speed and safety.

I'll always happily fly with anyone to convince them I'm safe and would expect them to say 'no' for the good of their aeroplane and my safety if I'm not up to the job.

Thanks for the lead. I'll let you know how I get on.
If it doesn't work out in the time I'll not be worrying too much.

Given your screen name and one of Carill's daily missions, I may even see you at Lee!