PDA

View Full Version : Flight schools in canada

Engine Noise
6th May 2005, 14:10
Can anybody trell me of the best flights schools in canada. someone mentioned the professional flight centre at BC?

klausk
6th May 2005, 16:19
Boundary Bay close to Vancouver has a bunch of them and they are listed on their web site http://www.czbb.com/

You need to talk to the schools' Chief Flight Instructors to figure out which one works for you.

termerair
7th May 2005, 01:40
Well, difficult to say which one is the best! All depends on what you're looking for, i mean atmosphere, prices, weather conditions, fleet...

I think Hars'Air in Manitoba is one of the good in the country! A bunch of good instructors and a stable family owned school!!! Lets check their website... www.harvsair.com !

Good choice! :ok:

Termerair

boeing727
10th May 2005, 00:38
I used to work for Professional flight center, both vfr and ifr in Boundary Bay. They are both fantastic flight schools and the standard is very good. I think you will be very happy there and the standards are high.

hibypassratio
10th May 2005, 14:05
I'm biased because I learned there myself and then instructed there...but I also have had exposure to other schools in diffrerent provinces...and nothing I have seen personally compares with Moncton Flight College in Moncton, New Brunswick. Great equipment, facilities, staff and a low cost of living. And then there is the nightlife...if your into that kind of thing...which will balance out your low cost of living:ok: .

They also do training now for the JAA licenses in partnership with Boernmouth (spelling?) in the UK.

Capt. Manuvar
19th May 2005, 09:44
Engine noise
Harv's air is a very good school as mentioned above. Offers the best value for money when compared to most schools around. Since i guess your from Naija its nice to know that they have experience with intl students.

FindaPilot.ca
19th May 2005, 21:40
Professional Flight Centre is definitely the best place to go. Not too mention it looks good on your resume IMHO, b/c John Montgomery is soo well known.
He's got a great reputation in the industry, and puts out some of the best pilots.
Here is there website. www.proifr.com (http://www.proifr.com)

Just my 2 cents. :ok:

slowstream
19th May 2005, 22:44
There are many good and reputable flight schools out there with good programs, also with schools that offer extra classes. Unfortunatly, the bottom line with each and every flight school out there is that your training will only be as good as your instructor is. Most students do not do their homework before selecting their instructor, what is the instructors skill level like? What is the instructors experience? What is their succes rate? What do the other students really think of the instructor. These are some of the questions you need to be asking.

Good Luck

P.S I don't mean to knock them, I use to be one (long Time ago) and there are still many good instructors out there that can go beyond the minimum.