PDA

View Full Version : Beechcraft maintenance in Czeh ?

PorcoRosso
5th May 2005, 17:55
Am looking information about JAR approved Kingair maintenance facilities in the Czeh Republic.
I remember having read about a company which was retrofitting Kingair with the eastern equivalent of PT6 , but at half the price .

ferrydude
5th May 2005, 18:29
Bon Jour Porco, I have not heard of any approved conversions for the Walter engine into a King Air other than the two issued by the FAA to
Performance Conversions Inc and Lonestar Propjets.

PorcoRosso
5th May 2005, 22:23
Thanks FerryDude

Actually, I am not interested in the walter conversion . A friend of mine, based in Slovakia, is considering buying a Kingair, and am gathering information for him regarding maintenance over there .
I do not know of any approved workshop in Slovakia, but am pretty sure there is one in Czeh Republic ... Can't remember where ;)

Captain Stable
6th May 2005, 14:26
PR, give me a day or so and I can find out for you.

PorcoRosso
6th May 2005, 15:59
Hello CaptainStable

Take your time, no problem .

Feel free to PM me the details

Best Regads

PR

Captain Stable
13th May 2005, 15:46
Hi, PR. My contacts have failed to come up with the name of any KingAir maintenance in Czecho that is approved by JAA, and they conclude that such an animal doesn't exist.

I would estimate that the chances of their making an error on this is only about 20% so if your friend wants to go ahead, he may have a problem!

mono
14th May 2005, 10:12
Just a quickie,

You do realise that, if we are talking about 90/200. then these a/c are NOT listed on the JAA/EASA type rating list (they are below 5700Kgs) and there is therefore unlikely to be a listed approved JAA maintenance organisation. At the moment a/c below 5700Kgs are allowed to be maintained under a countries own national authority regulations (although it is possible for a company to seek JAA authorisation).

PorcoRosso
16th May 2005, 11:22
Yep, another friend of mine was unsuccessful tracing such a facility in Czech . No big deal since there are plenty of approved facilities in Germany and Austria (Well ...a bit further than Prague .. )
Thanks for yor help , Guys

PR