PDA

View Full Version : (testing) basic navigation aid trainer

-IBLB-
4th May 2005, 14:25
For my students i have made / am making a simple navigation aid trainer.
I want to make it as simple and basic as possible, so any student will be able to use it.

If you have any time, please have a look at it, and let me know about things that you would like to see changed, or things i did wrong.

www.navtrainer.tk (http://www.navtrainer.tk)

Click and hold to drag the airplane and nav-aids.
Click and hold to rotate the instruments.

There are some things i am already working on (HSI is on the way, and all instruments will be available on all 3 positions soon) if you have more requests, please let me know.

Thanks.

-IBLB-

Professor Plum
4th May 2005, 14:57
Dunno about the nav trainer, but I've now got a new girlfriend thanks to the dating site which appears when you first open the page.........:ok:

GusHoneybun
4th May 2005, 14:57
may i be the first to congratulate you on a nifty bit of coding.

a suggestion that may help students is to include a holding pattern into the software. this seems to be the single most hardest bit to get your noggin round when IR/IMC training. if you could also define the inbound QDM so students can use it to help visualize local navaids then that would be good also.

much cheaper than RANT
:)

-IBLB-
7th May 2005, 14:51
Thanks,

I will definitely put a holding-function in there aswell. It's my experience aswell, that students have trouble with holdings.

I was also thinking maybe the ability to hide the needles, so you can position the plane somewhere, and the student can think of where the needle should be at, good idea? or should i leave it?

-IBLB-