HZ123
4th May 2005, 09:41
Can sme one confirm this and where I might find some info on the day. rgds

helicopter-redeye
4th May 2005, 10:42
"Bad spellers of the world - untie"

Kolibear
4th May 2005, 11:30
There is nothing on The Squadrons newsletter about a Fly-in this weekend, why not give them a call and ask? The number is 01992 524510

And its North Weald, by the way.

VP8
5th May 2005, 07:05
Confirmed from my favorite FISO in the tower.....

There is to be a fly-in at NW of RAF Trainers through the ages also a Squadron reunion involving various a/c. WX permittng should be good

VEEPS:ok:

AerBabe
5th May 2005, 12:51
Erm... it's not a fly-in and I've organised the day for Essex Wing Air Training Corps. I've got examples of many of the training aircaft used by the RAF, in military colours where possible. A good line-up if the weather holds out, including a RAF Thruster, Hairyplane's Magister, the Royal Chippie, the first Bulldog in RAF service, a Hunter, JP and Gnat...

It's also 72 Sqn reunion, so their Tucano will make a nice addition to the line-up!

VP - Has HS upgraded herself? :confused: :D

Circuit Basher
5th May 2005, 15:04
Bu$$er - I transfer out of Essex Wg in Dec and then AerBabe lays on a show for them!!

NOT FAIR!! :D;)

[Edit: Sent a response to your PM, AB, but your mailbox was full - obviously very popular!! 30-40 blue furry things could still be requested from Rayleigh if you need something to liven up your day by running havoc around the taxiways!! ;)]

AerBabe
6th May 2005, 10:46
On the move already?! Didn't you only move down to Essex a year or so ago? You're almost as footloose (:ooh: ) as me!

Inbox cleared a little and PM sent...

Flash0710
6th May 2005, 10:57
Fiso?

Tower

North Wild?

F:E .

AerBabe
6th May 2005, 11:17
You get used to being called all sorts of things when you work at an airfield... :{

VP8
6th May 2005, 14:15
Got the old Cessna booked out be there approx 1400l:E

VEEPS

LowNSlow
9th May 2005, 06:32
So how did it all go AB? I was going to pop into the Weald yesterday but ran out of time unfortunately.

AerBabe
9th May 2005, 07:37
Unfortunately the 20 kt crosswind and CBs meant that all but one of the visiting aircraft had to cancel. We were without a formation of three Tiger Moths, three Chipmunks (including the Royal one), Hairyplane's Maggie, RAF Halton's Thruster and BeeKeeper's Queen Bee. :(

However, a small amount of bribery secured a selection of jets from one of the hangars, so the cadets were able to gawp at a Hunter, two JPs and a Gnat. The Tucano that was visiting for 72 Sqn reunion was also pulled out of the hangar, and AimFar taxiied his Firefly over.

Many thanks again to Al Barton from Headcorn who managed to tame the winds to bring in a Bulldog. Great job!

Anyway, plan B came together nicely and Peter Teichman kindly allowed the cadets into his hangar to have a close look at his Spitfire MkXI, Beech Staggerwing and P51. We also shipped the cadets over to the control tower and then they had a look at one of North Weald Volunteer Fire Rescue's engines.

They all had a good day, despite the weather. I still don't know whether I'd do it again next year. :ugh:

LowNSlow
9th May 2005, 09:52
Given British "springtime" weather it's always a good plan to have a backup plan :ok:

Sounds like the Cadets et al had enough to keep them occupied for the day.

PS I will pop in to collect my headset one day, promise.

AerBabe
12th May 2005, 21:11
We've just hit the headlines... front page of the local rag. :D

Circuit Basher
19th May 2005, 11:36
AB - sorry for delay in reply to your PM, but was in Scotland at the tail end of the week, so wasn't able to access the PM until too late! Glad the blue furry things enjoyed themselves!

Paul_Sengupta
23rd May 2005, 00:58
"Many thanks again to Al Barton from Headcorn who managed to tame the winds to bring in a Bulldog. Great job!"

Ah, he made it then! I was going to come up but I went to Bembridge instead since it was into wind...

(thought your cross runway would have been closed due to the market)

AerBabe
23rd May 2005, 08:24
The cross runway was closed due to the market, although it's available for departures.