PDA

View Full Version : BA fam flights / cockpit visits for UK ATCOs

Cuddles
3rd May 2005, 19:09
Could anyone let me know

a) Whether BA are allowing cockpit visits / Fam Flights for UK ATCOs
b) If so, who do I need to approach?

Cheers

PM me if you'd rather not post publicly.

Engine overtemp
3rd May 2005, 20:06
Why BA specifically?

Spearing Britney
4th May 2005, 00:09
'Cos they're the best of course ;)

in case you didnt get it, ;) ;)

PPRuNe Radar
4th May 2005, 10:03
Cuddles,

If you work for NATS, why not read your Staff Notices ?? You'll find details of the Fam Flight scheme there, including BA ;)

Shame you just missed this season though :}

If you are non NATS, ask your Manager of ATS to sort something out with a local operator.

Cuddles
5th May 2005, 06:17
I do indeed work for NATS, but in a sleepy northern backwater. Fam flights into and out of us with various carriers are no problem, but we're off to SYD later in the year, and I was wondering if I could take advantage of my presence on the aircraft and 'nip up front' for a couple of hours. It'd take the edge off the monotony too. If I've missed the boat, then there's not an awful lot I can do.

Bealzebub
5th May 2005, 13:23
Fam' flights for ATCO's are meant to be just that, legitimate educational flights arranged by following the relevant admin' procedures. They are not really meant to alleviate the perceived "boredom" you might endure on your summer holiday.

Given that Pilots cannot offer such a facility to even their closest family members any more, I think it is very fortunate that it is still offered at all to ATCO's. I am pleased that it is. However if it is only intended to provide a little light relief on a long holiday flight, I wonder if the facility should be there at all. In any event I am sure the answer is No !

wiggy
6th May 2005, 20:06
Cuddles

You're only allowed on the flight deck if you arrange it before hand as an official "observation flight" via your authorities and you certainly will not just be able to "pop up for a couple of hours".