PDA

View Full Version : Route to Chateau Chassagne

strake
3rd May 2005, 12:32
Mrs Strake has decided that we should fly in to this legendary location for a few days R & R. Who am I to argue..??

I have all the local details from their website however, I'd be interested if any PPruners have suggestions for a VFR route via DVR-MK.

My NavBox ProPlan awaits your valuable input......

Ludwig
3rd May 2005, 13:54
How about:

DVR-MK-REM-TRO-DCT

Nearest Fuel LFGI

S-Works
3rd May 2005, 14:46
Make sure you get PPR and a brief and you have 250hrs P1. I generally just fly direct.

Great place for a visit and chopping the top of a champagne bottle with a sword is great fun.:p

2Donkeys
3rd May 2005, 15:55
I generally just fly direct.

Just in case that comment gives rise to any confusion, aircraft flying in from the UK are required to pass through a customs field, prior to landing at the Chateau. Many opt to clear customs at places like Le Touquet before flying on down direct to the Chateau. Dijon Longvic is also an option.

2D

African Drunk
3rd May 2005, 16:54
Great place was there last weekend. Dijon Longvic does require notice for customs, they suggested a couple of days.

stiknruda
3rd May 2005, 17:42
I'd avoid the first w/e in August as I understand that the UK based 7 ship Pitts Gastrobatic team are holding their French Open Aerobatic Challenge there.

Stik

Keef
3rd May 2005, 18:29
Le Touquet, then DCT - or via some VORs if that's your thing. You will lose the signal from DIJ a few miles out from the Chateau, so have your GPS or your map ready...

Speak to them, and get your faxed permission before you go!

strake
3rd May 2005, 20:10
Thank you all...

I think I will route DVR-LFAT-LFFG-DCT. That seems about an hour for each leg which is reasonably civilised.

I can taste that sabre-opened champers already.