PDA

View Full Version : FIC training aircraft

A and C
3rd May 2005, 07:10
I know that aircraft used for CPL tests have to be inspected by the CAA but can anyone tell me if aircraft used for FIC training need this inspection ?

BEagle
3rd May 2005, 07:38
Presumably this would be included in the normal inspection and approval process for any FTO?

Since FIC training must be carried out at a FTO, wouldn't such a/c be inspected by default?

Whopity
3rd May 2005, 19:59
All approved course aeroplanes are subject to inspection by the CAA. Aircraft used for CPL and IR Skill Tests are also subject to an approval in accordance with Standards Doc 7, for which a certificate (Doc 7) is issued in respect of the aircraft and its equipment.

FlyingForFun
4th May 2005, 19:11
Not sure of the exact rules. But when I removed the "no night instruction" restriction from my instructor rating last year, I wanted to use one of my school's aircraft (because I get staff rates), but one of the school next door's instructors (because my school don't have any FIC instructors). It was simply a matter of paperwork to get my school's aircraft on the other school's list of aircraft - no inspection involved. Don't know if that helps you or not....

FFF
-------------

Meeb
6th May 2005, 10:26
Nope, no inspection required. If you think about it, if it is a training aircraft, then it can be used to 'test the trainer'.

Whopity
6th May 2005, 16:15
CAP 682 says that any aircraft used on a temporary basis on an approved course must be notified to the CAA for approval.

If you ring Standards Support they will tell you that they will then inspect it!

Meeb
6th May 2005, 17:20
oops... I misread the question and thought it was regarding a test... no approval needed for that but possibly yes for training...