PDA

View Full Version : Issue of a JAR CPL(H) at Gatwick

Haggis Hunter
2nd May 2005, 10:33
Does anyone know if you can get a CPL(H) issued at Gatwick from FCL? I know you can get Rating etc, but can't find anywhere that says if they do CPL(H) issues...

Billywizz
2nd May 2005, 11:34
where else are you do you think you are going to get it?!!

Just make sure you arrive with all the relevent paperwork.

What Limits
2nd May 2005, 12:29
If you look at LASORS 2005 page A23 / 24 it states that they do not do licence issue at the public counter at Gatwick. Just post it to them, it does not normally take too long.

SilsoeSid
2nd May 2005, 13:27
If you turn up at Gatwick with all the relevant paperwork and hand it over to the person on the desk, the only thing you'll end up with for the next 3 weeks is the assurance that the CAA has all your relevant paperwork. :ok:

Ratings/renewals etc can be done there and then, (get there early), initial issue though, not a chance. :{

ambidextrous
2nd May 2005, 14:19
I beg to differ, have the rules changed since January 6th.2005?
I went (early) to the public counter on that date with all the necessary paperwork & walked away at 4pm that same day with my initial issue JAR-FCL ATPL/H + I/R to complement my UK CAA ATPL/H + I/R. I thought it was excellent service.
with fraternal greetings, ambi

SilsoeSid
2nd May 2005, 18:11
With respect ambidextrous,

By virtue of the fact that you already had a UK CAA ATPL/H + I/R, the issue of your JAR-FCL ATPL/H + I/R wasn't an initial licence issue.

Out of interest, was this a renewal of licence?

SS

ambidextrous
2nd May 2005, 19:18
SS,

Er no, that occurred ten days later & took 2 weeks!

ambi

Haggis Hunter
2nd May 2005, 20:15
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll call the CAA tomorrow (if I get through) and ask what the chances are!

SilsoeSid
2nd May 2005, 22:35
Haggis, I think that's your best bet.

However, for ambis sake;

According to LASORS 2005 (Sect A17)

Public Counter Service

PLD provides a counter service at Aviation House, dealing with customer enquiries.
The counter opening times are 09:00 am to 16:00 pm. The Department provides the following ‘while you wait’ services:-

• Addition of a Type or Class Rating to a Licence;
• Renewal of a Licence;
• UK National to JAR-FCL Licence Conversions;
• Change of Address;
• Inclusion of the Flight Instructor Rating*;
• Removal of restrictions from the Flight Instructor Rating.
We are unable to provide a ‘same day’ service for applications for licence issue.

It would seem that ambi came under the 'UK National to JAR-FCL Licence Conversions' bullet point. ;)

Regards,

SS

Helinut
3rd May 2005, 08:47
If you look at the Personnel Licensing bit of the CAA website, it gives the date of the application for a licence that is currently being dealt with. Since this is about 2 weeks old for professional licences, I assume that you can't get your licence over the counter, unless of course you camp out there for a fortnight.

SilsoeSid
3rd May 2005, 19:22
How did the phone call go HH?

By any chance, was it something like....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/tracihallford/dontknowdontcare.gif

SS

Haggis Hunter
3rd May 2005, 20:02
It was along the lines of:

"You can come down, gives us your stuff, bugger off home... and we'll send it back in 10-12 days!"

However, she didn't like it when I relpied:

"So 10-12 days, that be 3 weeks then, like what your estimating on the website?"

She got shirty, but hey I might give it a go cause when I phoned back later to ask another question, another lady said if I take it down they will do it in about a week quicker!

As usual everyone is reading from the same hyme sheet in the CAA!

HH:cool:

Camp Freddie
3rd May 2005, 21:18
hello Mr HH

this is all fine but would it make any difference if you got your licence today or in 2-3 weeks ?

are you actually missing some cool charters , or is it really like it was for most people that nothing actually changes once you have got it for a while.

I had mine months before I did anything that required CPL privileges :(

regards

CF

Haggis Hunter
5th May 2005, 10:09
I am actually in a rush to get it, due to fact I am already lined up with a job and am going on FI(H) course as soon as. HH:cool: