PDA

View Full Version : Lesson Prices

3bravomike
1st May 2005, 20:18
Hey guys, after my intro the guys at Westwind gave my some prices for flight lessons.

$7,500:

50 hours dual instruction C-152
10 hours solo C-152
1 Cessna Multimedia CBI Kit
30 Hours Pre/Post flight briefing
1 FAA computer based written test
1.5 hours in C-152 for flight test
1 FAA examiner fee

Now this package seems to be expensive. I know I would be getting a nice package but could I take hourly lessons for cheaper? For 40 hours in a C-152, it would run me about $2980 for my lessons and a Cessna Multimedia CBI kit. Any suggestions on what the best route would be? I am sure there is a cheaper way got get my PPL then this Westwind package. I need to know everything I will need and a rough estimate on costs.

Thanks guys!

Blinkz
2nd May 2005, 00:08
is that upfront? if so NEVER pay up front, its just not worth the risk.

3bravomike
2nd May 2005, 02:47
I believe the package is upfront, but I'm not going to pay almost 8k for my PPL. I need to know from you guys, what else I'm going to need besides 40-50 hours and a Cessna Multimedia CBI kit. FAA written test and examiner fees? Give me the rundown on everything else im going to need and estimate cost.

Solid Rust Twotter
2nd May 2005, 06:49
Dual time also costs and 50 hours gives you a ten hour buffer zone in case you need more instruction. For your advanced licences, you'll need to build those hours anyhow, as you know. Flight medical, examination and flight test fees as well as briefings. All these things cost money.