PDA

View Full Version : Prestwick £3m refurb

SCOT747
1st May 2005, 11:39
ANy news on PIK terminal refurb. This was due to be completed by end of April but can't see any info on website or any pics of what it looks like.

aeroconejo
1st May 2005, 12:18
am off to PIK in a couple of hours....will pop in for a nose. £3 million doesn't go far these days, so I'm not expecting a miracle!

aero :hmm:

asterix4816
1st May 2005, 15:09
The terminal rervamp is going well, alhough most of the work being carried out is purely superficial. Check-in desks have been refurbished with some god-awful wood effect panelling. Metal railing and glass panelling along the corridor above the check-in area. Construction of the new retail outlets it underway (possibly Costa coffee and Superdrug). But best of all the carpet at checkin has gone and is replaced by some rather nice tiles.

WOWBOY
1st May 2005, 18:53
Does anyone have any pictures of the new interior they would like to share or have any links to websites with them.

WOWBOY

CHIVILCOY
1st May 2005, 20:47
Last time I was there the departure area was a mess and the smell from the toilets was disgusting.
I hope some of the £3 milllion goes into keeping the place clean at least.
The trouble of relying on one low- co airline for most of it's revenue maybe?

Irish Steve
1st May 2005, 21:16
the smell from the toilets was disgusting.

IF you think that's bad, try any of the larger pubs in Ireland. The one downside of the smoking ban here is that there's nothing now to mask the other stinks, and if the management are not running the place properly, then problems like a powerful stink are well known:D :D

The airport has it's moments too, especially in the ones closest to the bars:O

Meeb
2nd May 2005, 17:17
The trouble of relying on one low- co airline for most of it's revenue maybe?

Try NO revenue from that mob.... :mad:

EK-LHR-LGW-GLA-MAN-B
2nd May 2005, 17:27
Do PIK not make most if not all there money from the cargo airlines?