PDA

View Full Version : Horham, Suffolk

DubTrub
29th Apr 2005, 07:49
I'm looking for a strip at (or near) Horham, Suffolk, from which to take an old WWII aviator (95th Bomb Group) flying in a couple of weeks time. Any pointers appreciated.

Cusco
29th Apr 2005, 10:27
Nearest is our strip at Knettishall (Home of 388th Bomb group)about 8 NM, but no means of onward transport, unless you get a taxi in advance to meet you there.

Best bet probably Old Buckenham, (12 NM) where you can get some grub (Mustang burgers best) and ask them to fix a taxi for you.

O B is home of 453 BG (Suffolk is covered with them. )

I'm away for next few days but pm me if you wish.

Cusco

Zlin526
29th Apr 2005, 17:44
I believe there is a strip at Horham. Last time I flew over there was a Citabria on the ground. Not sure who owns/runs it though.:confused:

DubTrub
29th Apr 2005, 20:08
Thanks for the reply, both.

Zlin, any suggestions on how to find out?

niknak
29th Apr 2005, 23:02
The strip at Horham is definately active, I'll make a few enquiries and get back to you, although it wont be until Sunday evening.

DubTrub
29th Apr 2005, 23:31
Thanks, nik, that'll be great.

stiknruda
30th Apr 2005, 07:58
Dub,

Horham is active, operated by Andrew Castleden (sp?) who is a farmer and flying instructor.

Give Old Buck a call this morning as a) he may be there and b) they will certainly have his number. It may be listed as he sells tree plugs to arborealists. If you can't find his number let me know - I shall be at leics sometime today and I'll phone a tree surgeon chum.

However, if he is unable to help my strip is a lot closer to his than any other. So you can always speak to me.

Stik

muffin
30th Apr 2005, 19:09
I have been in there in a helicopter but there is a nice concrete strip there as well. As others have said the owner is Andrew Castleden and his e mail is [email protected]

He was more than happy to let me in there when I was doing the Dawn to Dusk a while back..

DubTrub
30th Apr 2005, 20:25
Thanks, all, for your good replies (and good to see you today, Stik). I will investigate all.

Thanks again

Rob

trevs99uk
30th Apr 2005, 21:13
Flew over here last week .
Strip is East west on part of the the olda runway.
Small hangar in corner of strip.

Saw a notcie on details of this strip on the notice board at Old Buckenham.