PDA

View Full Version : PPL Books

flyingmad
28th Apr 2005, 15:39
Hi I am going to Naples soon. Does anyone know the best place to buy the PPL books. Is amazon the cheapest place.
Thanks

9mm
28th Apr 2005, 16:06
What books are you going for?

Amazon is the cheapest for the Jeremy Pratt series, but possibly not for the Trevor Thom series.

There are always PPL books being sold off on ebay so that would be well worth a look, although I have seen items sold on ebay for close to or even more than you can get them brand new from a retailer!

Don't forget (or rely on) the PPL Confuser - the one with the green cover is the latest edition.

All the best.

9mm

Charlie Zulu
28th Apr 2005, 20:58
All of my Trevor Thom books are at various friends houses as they are in various stage of their PPLs. I seem to be a library for PPL books... :D

Anyway as a suggestion go and ask at some flying clubs at your local airfield if anyone has any Trevor Thom or Jeremy Pratt PPL books for sale. I'm sure they'll let you put up a notice on the notice board.

When are you going to Naples?

If at the end of July / beginning of August then I shall be there with a friend who is completing his JAA PPL.

He's passed his Air Law and Meteorology exams now and is taking his Human Factors exam on Tuesday. He can't wait to get these exam over and done with.

Ninety-Nines
29th Apr 2005, 00:52
Flyingmad

At NAC we used to use the Thom series, however, recently we have switched to The AFE Jeremy Pratt series purley because they are a more current publication in our opinion. Another plus size is that there are 5 books instead of 7 and therefore more cost effective.

SKYYACHT
1st May 2005, 20:06
Be careful buying second hand.... remember books are updated, and you need to ensure that your books are teaching currnent information, particularly for air law....

Cheers

:cool:

BlueRobin
3rd May 2005, 12:45
Best place is off me

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=169594