Superpilot
28th Apr 2005, 12:22
Quick one. Are they possible?

Interested in doing night circuits, based Elstree, hate it :O

AerBabe
28th Apr 2005, 13:50
Bwahahahahahahahah!!!!!

Not a chance mate.

For a start, we don't have any lighting.

And there's the fact that we all have homes to go to, so come 7 pm we're out like a shot.

Oh, and then there's the cyclists who use the airfield after hours.

Next question?

;)

(Sorry).

Genghis the Engineer
28th Apr 2005, 13:54
Not tried it myself, but Kemble's supposed to be quite friendly in that direction. Or, from where you are, what about Southend?

G

AerBabe
28th Apr 2005, 15:13
How about Stapleford?

Superpilot
28th Apr 2005, 16:12
OK screw that :}. How do NW feel about having aircraft from elsewhere come in for some circuits? Any limitations, and will I really be charged per touch and go? :uhoh:

AerBabe
28th Apr 2005, 17:33
The Squadron, who look after most of the aviation activities at NW, currently limits pilots to three circuits. You need to land, sign in, and ask first. I don't know how they charge for it.

I believe that if you were to do three, have some lunch and go back out again, you would probably be able to do another three before departing.

Superpilot
28th Apr 2005, 17:48
Thanks, must try that

bar shaker
28th Apr 2005, 20:47
Andrewsfield are just up the road and have runway lighting.

They do night rating training on certain nights, so you might want to call and find out which nights they feed the electricity meter.

If you are worth less than Bernie Ecclestone then circuits at Southend are not for you.

six-sixty
30th Apr 2005, 07:28
regarding north weald i believe you have to be a member of the squadron before being allowed circuits.

AerBabe
30th Apr 2005, 07:36
I would suggest that, if you want to do circuits at North Weald, you call The Squadron and ask. Phone: 01992 524 510.