PDA

View Full Version : Reply on near miss

catchup
26th Apr 2005, 19:17
How long does it take in your country to get a reply of the respective atc unit after you filed a report?

catchup

5milesbaby
27th Apr 2005, 21:44
I know that in the UK at NATS en-route if a report has been filed by an Airline/Pilot that its normally the next working day that the report is received and action is taken within 24hours usually, depending upon the severity of the report. I am now guessing that the personnel concerned will be contacted with the initial findings immediately after they are known, and I know it takes about 6 to 9 months for the ATC Investigations to publish the final report.

catchup
28th Apr 2005, 14:37
Thx 5milesbaby,

6 month for the atc unit involved is also "normal" for the country where "my" incident happened.

Why does it take that long?
Anyone who knows?

Regards

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
28th Apr 2005, 15:02
Problems can arise in obtaining reports from aircrew, especially if they are slipping en route and may not return to base for some days. FDRs and CVRs may take a while to analyse, etc. That said, the reason for the vast majority of incidents is known within seconds of them occurring, although tapes and radar recordings confirming exactly what happened may take several hours to obtain and analyse. 6 months seems a bit strong...

Voel
28th Apr 2005, 15:29
With us not more than a week. But we are oblidged to forward such report to our NTSB. Only they can release the report, and that takes months.

catchup
29th Apr 2005, 07:41
@HEATHROW DIRECTOR

Report was filed same day. Period of six months to reply was confirmed twice by my company. Happened in the middle of europe.

Regards