PDA

View Full Version : European Airfields

SierraRomeoLima
25th Apr 2005, 18:56
Has anyone got any info?

I will be building some twin engine hours next week and as a result this will take me around europe. I would like to know if anyone out there has any thoughts or information (landing, fuel, customs, parking charges etc) on these planned airfields:

Geneva
Pisa
Rome (Ciampino)
Palma
Barcelona
Nice
Le Bourget

Any inormation woud be much appreciated.

Cheers guys

Monocock
25th Apr 2005, 19:44
Are you seriously flying all over Eurapoe to build twin hours? Isn't that a very expensive way of doing it?

Forgive my questions but I'm intrigued :confused:

benhurr
25th Apr 2005, 19:55
Well, Toussous le Noble will be cheaper than Le Bourget and Valencia is cheaper than Barcelona.

I would also consider flying to Mahon instead of Palma.

And where are the Channel Islands in your planning? Or is cost of fuel not part of the planning process?

AfricanEagle
26th Apr 2005, 08:21
SRL,

Pisa: you will have to phone beforehand to reserve parking space, fuel available, fees not cheap.

You might want to consider Siena (LIQS) as an alternate.

Ciampino: no problems, but not cheap.

You might want to consider L'Urbe (LIRU).

You can check the Italian AIP on line here:

http://www.enav.it/aip/aip_login_it.html

Ciao,
AE

2Donkeys
26th Apr 2005, 08:39
Unless you have a particular desire to land at unhelpful and/or expensive airports, you could hardly have come up with a worse list, with the possible exception of Geneva.

You should sub. Cannes for Nice in the same spirit as the other advice you were given.

2D

DubTrub
26th Apr 2005, 14:06
...or replace Barcelona with Sabadell

SierraRomeoLima
26th Apr 2005, 18:35
Thank you very much for your responses.

Firstly, yes i seriously am building some twin hours around europe.

Why? I have recently found myself in a position where I have gained access to an aircraft for a very good rate, reasons for which I will not go into. I would never dream of trying to build hours here in europe if my situation did not exist.

Why Europe and those destinations? I could just burn some holes in the sky here in good ole blighty but I think that it would be much more interseting seeing something of europe.

As for the destinations, the responses were exactly what I was looking for, i am not familiar with the areas and do not know all the airports. I probably gave the wrong impression with the use of the word airfield.
I am looking for suitable airfields close to those planned cities.

Why those cities? Why not?!

Fuel planning does come into it very much, as for the channel islands, I am quite familiar with the areas and so did not include them on the list for information.

Thanks again guys, I will look into those airfields when I get home. When I have finalised the route and flown it I will post the results for anyne who is interesed.