PDA

View Full Version : golf in hkg

Jollo
24th Apr 2005, 21:37
I passed the CX DESO second interview jan-05, and is planning a move to hkg this fall. What are the possibilities to play golf in hkg on greenfee? I´ve looked at membership costs in hkg clubs, seems out of the question, at least on a SO salary. Does CX have a golfteam for inter-airline tournaments ? If yes, requirement to get on the team ? Forgot to ask about that during my interview, far too busy to think about priciples of flight, A340 fueltank arrangement etc..

/ hcp 8 working on lowering it to 6..

tamalai
25th Apr 2005, 00:35
Golf, like most things in HKG is expensive but as an S/O you'll be flying Ultra Longhaul only which means you work say 12 days a month, so you bid for Compact rosters and do say 2 x ULH trips back to back then 10 days off, on your days off you go to Thailand or the Phillipines which are covered with Golf courses and also very cheap: i.e:

Tkt.................$980HKG = USD $124
Hotac.............$240HKG = USD $ 30
Golf................$450HKG = USD $ 57

Food, booze etc.............still cheap and you get to see the world and have a nice time, also places like Vietnam are now opening up with golf courses and nice Hotels...........all these places have one huge advantage......they are CHEAP

Left Wing
25th Apr 2005, 02:14
http://www.missionhillsgroup.com/default.asp

1 hr drive from HKG

HotDog
25th Apr 2005, 02:37
There is one public golf course in Hong Kong, green fees HKD600 on weekdays, HKD900 on weekends for 18 holes. You catch a ferry from Sai Kung to get there.

December 1995, The Jockey Club Kau Sai Chau Public Golf Course gives you the chance to play great golf without having to join a club or pay prohibitive green fees. Kau Sai Chau is the one and only public golf course in Hong Kong and is one of the most scenic courses in all of Asia. The 140 hectacre golf centre features two 18-hole golf courses, a 72-bay floodlit driving range and both indoor and outdoor practice pitching and putting facilities. Located at the northern end of Kau Sai Chau Island, you will enjoy a picturesque and tranquil setting with magnificent views of the Sai Kung hills on the mainland and seaframed landscapes. Easily accessibleby both public transport and private cars, Kau Sai Chau represents an opportunity for thousands of residents and visitors alike to enjoy what will become a very valuable contribution to Hong Kong's way of life. As the courses were built from donations from The Jockey Club, priority are given to Hong Kong residents. Overseas visitors please note that it would be wise to call the club to check for available slots before proceeding to the course.

Jollo
25th Apr 2005, 07:22
Thanks for the info !

Greetings from Sweden

Altyre
25th Apr 2005, 13:14
Jörgen
I guess Air Grenland didn't stand the comparison after all! I had an e-mail from Kelly Crawford this morning, looks like it should be mid-September for us!