PDA

View Full Version : Australian PPL Practice Exams

Fika
23rd Apr 2005, 02:36
Does anyone know of any good PPL practice exams that I can use to make sure I know everything I have to for my real exam?

Preferably, ones in Australia.
Thanks

brianclarke
23rd Apr 2005, 22:29
Hi Fika,
I found that the practice exams in the book Bob Taits Private Pilot Licence was great passed all the theory on first go.:ok:

Fika
23rd Apr 2005, 23:10
Yeah, they are good, but I would like some variety in the questions. Some of the ones in the book I do from memory.

Lasiorhinus
24th Apr 2005, 08:54
Do any and all the practise exams you can get.
I used Aviation Theory Centre textbooks (and the sample exams in the back of that) as well as Dyson Holland practise exams, passed first go.

DH give you (i think) three exams in the book, along with worked solutions, so its a great way to find out what they are asking you.

I havent used them myself but have heard nothing but strong recommendations for Bob Tait's stuff too - does anyone know whether his practise exam CDs have vastly different questions to the ones in his textbooks, or do they double up??

kiwiman
26th Apr 2005, 04:45
I've used the Bob Tait CDs - they give you a bit of variety from the practice tests in his books. Four full exams on each CD and you get 8 marking credits so you can do each exam twice before paying up again.

Only draw back is you have to print out each question in order to match the answer sheet with the questions for future reference or to figure out where you went wrong............Yes I appreciate that having easy access to this info would render the marking credits useless but I figure $50 for a CD should give you the lot.