PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Air rally

Arrestahook
22nd Apr 2005, 14:19
Few of us going this year for the first time. Those of you that have been before...was wondering what the deal is. Worthwhile?

Ludwig
22nd Apr 2005, 14:43
See you there then!

Maxflyer
22nd Apr 2005, 15:23
Hope it will be worthwhile, I'm making my first visit to the rally as well as it being my first time there in the lh seat. Be good to see you there too.

S-Works
22nd Apr 2005, 19:08
Great fun and we intend on taking home again the silverware we havejust returned for cleaning!

If you are about over the weekend I will opo by and give you the lowdown. The more the merrier!

turniphead
26th Apr 2005, 11:02
bose-x
perhaps you will take home first prize this year??
you will have to beat last years winner

skua
26th Apr 2005, 12:03
I am going again. You will have fun. Hope for good weather.

Assumptions about the winner are dangerous....

Skua

Ludwig
26th Apr 2005, 12:54
Assumptions about Bose-x are also dangerous; He will win, I know that becasue he has told me so several times:p

S-Works
26th Apr 2005, 19:15
The silverware has looked rather nice on my shelf for the last year!

Winning twin this year I hope and if all else fails I will blame Ludwig for bad navigation! :p

Flying Boat
26th Apr 2005, 22:13
Bose-X

Saw your reply on the other thread.

My palm can be heavily greased, but it won't make any difference to your score or anyone else's. I'm afraid all will have to earn their glory.

I'm sure your Missus will understand the potential reason for 'donating' 'your trophy' was a technical fault or isolated, adverse atmospheric conditions.

I sell very good excuses, but at a price!

If you gentlemen & ladies know anyone that is umming & arrring about entering, tell them it is only 19 days left to enter & limited space.

We have 40 entries, so far.

I have seen on another site, that the Alderney Fly-In is cancelled this year. If you know anyone that was going to Alderney rather than Jersey this year, advise them and tell them that there is time and space to visit the Rally of the largest Channel Island. They can get info from the following 2 PPRUNE threads:

http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=158845

http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=171012

Hope to see you all there, unless I get an interview and a job. Who said flying was an easy job?

TTFN

FB:ok:

Cutoff
27th Apr 2005, 12:19
I am going and looking fwd to it, esp as I was partly resp for Bose-x's success last yr, be good to see how he does this year with a new crew!