PDA

View Full Version : Home for airplane in Southeast

Pitts2112
21st Apr 2005, 19:58
Hello,

Am looking for any leads on a place to keep my Pitts S-1 in the Southeast for the summer. I work at Heathrow, am very considerate with noise, skilled at strip flying, need a home until Sept. Pitts very small, lightweight, will easily fit into corner behind other airplanes, is a doddle to move around, doesn't need a very long strip.

Please call me on 07789-610967 if you have something available or think you might know someone who does.

Many Thanks,
Pitts2112

High Wing Drifter
21st Apr 2005, 20:26
It is late so I have PM'd you.

stiknruda
22nd Apr 2005, 07:35
In addition to all the glowing things that 2112 says about himself, he is also a well regarded aviation author - by at least 6 of us!

Oh and as you are about to become a citizen, it is AN AEROPLANE! If you disagree poke off back to Ma.

If you get really stuck, I can find a place next to TKf's rotting Veep - that is still here!

Stik

M14P
22nd Apr 2005, 07:41
Ah 2112! I believe I met you at Popham last weekend when we talked over this subject. There may be some hangarage at a strip in Essex that I know (just off the first bit of the A12). I shall make enquiries and get back to you most likely via that other Mag 7 member.

m

Pitts2112
22nd Apr 2005, 17:18
M14P,
Thanks very much for the offer. Look forward to hearing from you.

Stik,
See other posting on said subject of aeronautical spellings!

Pitts2112

Sir George Cayley
22nd Apr 2005, 20:09
Deanland in East Sussex?

Damyns Hall in Essex?

Lydd Int'l in Kent?

Shoreham in West Suusex?

Rushett Farm in Surrey?

enough?

Sir George Cayley

flyingchuck1
23rd Apr 2005, 18:50
Try Redhill I know of three pitts there

Pitts2112
23rd Apr 2005, 19:43
Getting turfed out of Redhill, hence the question in the first place. We were evicted from a hangar in March because it was hazardous and beyond economic repair, to be put into an empty hangar which some business had just vacated. A new business has taken on the lease and wants to put, of all the infernal bloody things you can imagine, helicopters, into the hangar. So I and about a dozen other guys are being evicted again but this time with no alternatives on the airfield.

My circumstances have changed in the meantime so it's no longer convenient for me to be at Redhill, and I live in Twickenham, so it's time to move further west, methinks.

None of the "regular airfields" tha I would want to go to in the area have any hangarage available at this time which is why I asked about strips and private fields.

I've got a lead or two but nothing solid at the moment, so ideas still welcome. Thanks for the ones offered so far!

Pitts2112