PDA

View Full Version : Cheap C152!!!

pistongone
20th Apr 2005, 11:13
Anyone know a cheap strip within say 50 miles of London(pref south/south east to base a group 152? Its one of Singh's and it will be going out at £68wet/hr plus a small monthly for the parking etc. Anyone with a strip wants to do a deal then pm me for more info,thanks in advance all. Numbers will be no more than 5 for availability reasons.

Genghis the Engineer
20th Apr 2005, 19:27
SW I'm afraid but...

Popham - 2x900m Runways, just off the M3, £60/mth tie-down and £95/yr each membership. (A little more expensive on the tie down for a group aeroplane, but not sure of the exact maths.)

Chilbolton, 410m grass, 7m SW of Popham, £30/mth tie-down, £50/year each membership.

G

Papa Bravo Delta
21st Apr 2005, 15:05
What about Redhill ?

dmjw01
23rd Apr 2005, 14:32
Didn't he say "cheap"?

MikeSamuel
23rd Apr 2005, 18:08
£68/hr...is that really all that cheap?!

We fly for 4 quid more (tacho) from an "international" airport with ILS, full ATC etc...

You poor southerners!

A and C
24th Apr 2005, 10:51
I can do far better than that when it comes to cheap!

pistongone
25th Apr 2005, 14:49
Well if any of you can offer me cheaper then i would be very gratefull, i intend to take the wife to the extrmis of uk territory(Unst) For a week or so in the summer hence the need to have access to a plane without the hassle of "club rules" etc, and i thought of getting a group going. Any thoughts?

Genghis the Engineer
25th Apr 2005, 14:58
I'm paying substantially (25%) less than that for use of a syndicate PA28-161, last year I took it to the Hebrides and back for a week. Here at EGHP international, there are usually loads of shares going in various 2 and 4-seaters for a few thousand and much less than £68/hr running costs (plus monthly), you just need to make sure you're joining a syndicate whose rules don't mind you taking it away for a week once in a while.

How big are you and your wife? I'm not sure I'd manage getting Mrs.G and I in a C152 + a weeks worth of bags + enough fuel for the longer legs on that sort of trip - that's why I fly a Warrior! Taking "BW" to the Hebrides and back, Mrs.G, I, reasonable - but not excessive bags and clothes, and full (180 litre) tanks were just shy of MTOW. Full tanks are particularly necessary 'cos fuel can be less available up there than you are used to down here.

G