PDA

View Full Version : Tipsy Nipper Parts Wanted, Please.

CRX
19th Apr 2005, 09:26
Hello,
I am in the middle of a total rebuild of a Slingsby built Nipper Mk3.
So far all is going well and parts have been generally easily obtained. However it is becoming obvious that with every passing year parts become more obsolete.
I am writing to ask if anybody has any parts left over from an abandoned project or previous rebuild and wants to pass them to a appreciative Nipper freak! I am not after something for nothing and will pay for any parts you may have. I plan to keep the aircraft for the duration of my flying life, hopefully another 30-40years, and want to start building a spares supply now, whilst I still can.
I am aware of Nipper kits and Raymond Cuypers in Belgium, both have been a great help. What I am hoping for here is that illusive 'barn discovery' of parts unwanted.
Thanks all for reading.

Paul.
G-AVXC.

Sir George Cayley
22nd Apr 2005, 20:05
Sorry you've not had many replies. Maybe all the Nipper owners are busy.

Two thoughts.

1) de Cuypers book, though a bit out of date now, lists c/ns with owners addresses. Speculative letter perhaps?

2) G-INFO on the CAA website has a serch function. You could dial in Nipper or T66 for all UK owners. Dont forget to tick the deregistered box. Another set of spec letters?

Alternatively, PFA Rally. At Night. Balaclava, poloneck black jumper...... you can guess the rest!

Sir George Cayley

cubflyer
27th Apr 2005, 21:41
Have you tried looking on this web site for some info/leads

http://www.tipsy-histories.com/

There is a lot of good Tipsy info on it and it updates the info in Raymond Cuypers book. But if you have been in regular contact with Raymond then maybe you have all of the info as he and Willem Ronge who runs this website are friends.

Or you could try the PFA BB where there might be some other Nipper builders lurking, or an advert in Popular Flying.

good luck!