PDA

View Full Version : Another logging query

shortstripper
17th Apr 2005, 03:23
I've posted this on the instructors forum but so far haven't had an answer ... anybody here know?

Hi All,

My second biennial revue flight is due and I’m not sure how it should be logged? Last time it was clear cut Pu/t as I took it in a club aeroplane with a club instructor and it doubled as a check flight. This time I’m planning to fly to a private strip in my own aeroplane (well my group aeroplane actually) and pick up an instructor friend. As the flight isn’t intended to be instructional and in theory is simply to satisfy an instructor I can fly ok, I’m guessing it should be logged P1? Two complications I can see are; that normally flights with an instructor/examiner are Pu/t unless they are deemed a successful test to allow P1/S, but if a counter signature is required how can it be logged P1? And the other problem is that this tailwheel aircraft only has full controls on one side (brakes) and I have to be that side as I’m insured and he is not.

SS

Whirlybird
17th Apr 2005, 06:57
shortstripper,

I saw your thread on the Instructors Forum, and thought, "Oh, oh, this one's a real can of worms! :eek: ". Which is why I watched with interest, as I'd love to know the answer too. But somehow, I suspect no-one knows, and they'll all hide their heads in the sand and hope this thread dies.

OK, everyone, now prove me wrong!

BEagle
17th Apr 2005, 07:15
See the answer in the FI forum.

Multiple posts are normally frowned upon in PPRuNe!

shortstripper
17th Apr 2005, 08:44
I've seen your reply thanks Beagle and it certainly answers the question. The cross posting was after a reasonable period of time because nobody seemed willing to answer as Whirlybird observed. Sometimes PPL's have come across similer problems and know the answers more clearly than many FI's, hence the cross post.

SS