PDA

View Full Version : Going to Barton 17th Apr

DubTrub
16th Apr 2005, 20:35
It's 19:40 local on the 16th...I'm going to Barton 17th Apr for lunch...apart from normal ppr, courtesy & protocol, anything else I should be aware of?

DT

[edited to add: by air]

rightofway
16th Apr 2005, 20:46
Bear in mind the airfield has been a bit wet today. Whilst Runway 27L/27R is coping, the grass taxiway areas have been temporarily closed, requiring a runway backtrack after landing.

Check the website www.bartonaerodrome.co.uk for the latest airfield state information before you set off.

Rightofway

DubTrub
17th Apr 2005, 19:48
Thanks for your advice, rightofway. Despite the website indicating a closed airfield, a phone call resolved that. I was made to feel welcome by the AFISO's and the ground staff (and had some good nosh too!). Bit of a crosswind on 09, but nothing untoward. Was not too impressed by the computerised booking-in system...a wrong reg entered resulted in much correction to enable me to pay a landing fee...I offerred to not pay, this was ever so politely refused!

It was nice flying up over the moors with small snow pockets. A bit of rain down through the corridor on the way home, though.

DT

rightofway
17th Apr 2005, 21:29
Hold my hands up, if that was you in the Taylorcraft..it was me who entered your registration wrong in the database!! Huge apologies, and we're still in the process of training the staff and learning the new software... few more months and we'll have it sorted (with any luck!).

As for the website, it doesnt normally get updated till 9am or ust before. You probably rang just prior to the information being updated... We were a little late with it this morning. After the heavy rain we recently had, it took a good hour of inspection before we finally opened up.

Hope to see you again, visitors are always welcome :)

Rightofway.

DubTrub
17th Apr 2005, 22:29
'Twas me...and your apology accepted:D . I was more concerned about being labelled an Aeronca due to the reg mis-match (could have been worse...an Auster:) )

I rang at 9 on the dot, so obviously interrupted the website updating process...but my request for ppr was met with enthusiasm and politeness.

And thanks for the pleasant and courteous service from you and your colleagues in the tower.