PDA

View Full Version : Night rating at this time of year

Foz2
15th Apr 2005, 23:39
Hi,

Im currently nearly finished my hour building and I havent got my night rating yet. Now as the clocks have gone forward I was wondering where in the South east would be able to offer a night rating at this time of year. The airfield i fly from now (Wycombe) only offers them till March.

Any recommendations where i could do this within a reasonable drive from south Bucks? Oxford maybe?

Thanks in advance

Foz

maggioneato
16th Apr 2005, 09:08
I found it difficult enough to do in the winter. Flying instructors for some unknown reason like to go home after they have been at the Flying School all day. Even once you have the qualification, they still don't want to stay late so you can fly in the dark. Can't really understand why. :rolleyes:

Capt. Vilo
16th Apr 2005, 10:41
Southend are open 24hrs if you can get an a/c and instructor, Friend of mine finished off last night....

Dusty_B
17th Apr 2005, 22:46
I was in a similar position last year. The ONLY folk who were willing (gladly) to step out and help (at very resonable rates) were Almat at Coventry.

Top Banana. Happy to do night quals in August, so they should be happy to do them in April/Early may too.