PDA

View Full Version : flying this week-end?

turniphead
15th Apr 2005, 15:54
Thought about going to Leicester to try to my improve nav skills.
Has anybody tried Precision or Rally flying?
Anybody else going?

Christo
15th Apr 2005, 18:39
Flying a rally in Bloemfontien, South Africa this weekend. Backseater in a RV4. Offcourse we will win :D

AerBabe
15th Apr 2005, 21:34
I've done some rallies, but not for several years...

Genhis and I have several hours of flying planned for tomorrow. :ok:

stiknruda
15th Apr 2005, 22:52
Wx permitting I plan to fly to nearest fighter base to help a friend with BAeA comp critique and then return home and go and fly another chum's new Extra 300.

Beats driving a tractor!

Stik

AerBabe
16th Apr 2005, 06:52
I dunno... I quite enjoy driving tractors!

stiknruda
17th Apr 2005, 07:48
Well I had an awesome day yesterday!

Firstly I was allowed to fly an Extra 300 - as a confirmed Pitts nut, I was incredibly impressed with the aeroplane. I found that my usual references did not work but after a few maneouvers, it all started to come together. A roll rate of 400degs/sec is pretty formidable but I had no real problems stopping where and when I wanted to!

Later with the owner we did knife-edge spins, Lomcovaks, ruades and a cravatte or two. The aeroplane is so much more capable than the Pitts S2A that I normally campaign

On landing G meter was +7/-3.

Then a bit of formation flying - I formed on the Extra and we wound our way down to Suffolk to the most amazing private strip set-up that I have been fortunate to see, had lunch and made some more like minded friends.

And to cap it all it was my birthday but I kept that bit a secret until the very end!

Stik