PDA

View Full Version : Sydney to London Direct against the wind

nomorecatering
15th Apr 2005, 06:38
Is derect Sydney to London with the 777-200LR evere to be a feasable proposition with ecconomic loads, say 290 pax??

Over the next 10 years or so, how much extra range is likely to be squeezed out of the airframe and engines??? unserstand thet Boeing are offering 3 x cargo fuel positions, but how much more efficiency could be extraced form teh current GE Engines.

woodpecker
15th Apr 2005, 07:52
My spelling is such that I type the item in Word, spellcheck it, copy it and then paste it into the box.

Do the same with Voyage Reports, they have far more clout if they are not full of "spellin mistakkes"

enicalyth
15th Apr 2005, 18:01
777-200LR GE engines - installed TSFC may be capable of improvement to 0.546kg/kg-hr at optimum cruise.

Wing has already been stretched from 199' 11" to 212' 7" with all the benefits that greater aspect ratio confers.

http://www.boeing.com/assocproducts/aircompat/acaps/777rsec3.pdf especially p4 of 18 refers. If you take OEW at 145 tonnes, 98kg per pax and limit of 340 tonnes weight at brake release then you have 9400nm still air ISA range.

Thus it is on the edge agin the wind. Shortest route is probably via L888 to avoid single engine driftdown complications. It could do it ahead of a Scarebus but not behind one (tee hee).

John D, that'll be black, no sugar thanks. I'll get my coat...