PDA

View Full Version : Diversion due cockpit smoke/fire.

rubik101
13th Apr 2005, 15:31
Just heard on the wireless that a British aircraft diverted to an airfield in Turkey en-route to CPH and was seen to have smoke coming from the cockpit on landing. Sounds pretty dramatic and glad it wasn't me. I trust the cockpit crew are OK.
Any other news on this?

London legend
13th Apr 2005, 15:57
According to Britannia's communications office in Luton:

The plane forced to make an emergency landing while owned by Britannia was being operated by a scandanavian sister airline. The flight was en route to copenhagen - they believe all passengers were Swedish. They also say it was a "precautionary" landing.

b.borg
14th Apr 2005, 08:14
DR link (http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/udland/article.jhtml?articleID=247257)

"Fly på vej fra Thailand til København nødlandet.

Et Star Tour-fly, som var på vej fra Thailand via Abu Dhabi til København, et nødlandet i en tyrkisk lufthavn.

Alle 330 passagerer, 124 danskere og 206 svenskere, og 10 besætningsmedlemmer er i god behold.

Nødlandingen skete i Trabzon ved den tyrkiske sortehavskyst, og den skyldtes røg i cockpittet i flyet.

Alle ombordværende er indkvarteret i Trabzon til et erstatningsfly kan hente dem hjem."

Sorry the article is in Danish, but rough translation is :

"Flight from Thailand to Copenhagen makes emergency landing

A Star Tour flight which was on its way from Thailand, via Abu Dhabi to Copenhagen, made an emergency landing at a Turkish airport.

All 330 passengers, 124 Danes, 206 Swedes and 10 crew members are safe and sound.

The emergency landing was made at Trabazon airport, close to the Turkish Black Sea coast, and was caused by smoke in the cockpit.

All on board have been given accomodation in Trabazon, until a replacement aircraft can take them home."

rubik101
18th Apr 2005, 15:19
Does anyone know what caused it? Surely smoke/fire in the cockpit is about as serious as it gets?

Wireflyer
21st Apr 2005, 09:05
Does anybody know the type of A/C?
Thanks,
R.

on21
21st Apr 2005, 11:23
I hope it wasn't the fish again!:D

Pub User
21st Apr 2005, 19:12
It was a 767-300.