PDA

View Full Version : NPPL aircraft weights

md 600 driver
11th Apr 2005, 16:42
any one know what types of FW aircraft that can be flown on a nppl ? is there any complex types or fast 4 seaters ?

steve

Halfbaked_Boy
11th Apr 2005, 17:38
Hey Guv,

As far as I'm aware, the only differential in limitations an 'NPPL' imposes instead of a 'JAR PPL' is that flight may occur only by day and within the United Kingdom. I can't see why it would resrict one from flying something like an Arrow or other complex, although someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

When it comes to weights however, it's probably worth checking the UK AIP.

Cheers, Jack. :cool:

BEagle
11th Apr 2005, 18:11
2000 kg MAUW and no more than 4 POB (incl. pilot) and 1 piston engine. A 6-seat a/c would be OK if POB was 4 or less (incl. pilot).

VP, RG, TW etc are all OK following differences training as is an a/c with a max cruising speed greater than 140 KIAS following differences training.

See LASORS Section A Appendix F page 61 et seq.

shortstripper
11th Apr 2005, 18:11
Day VFR only, max of 4 POB inc pilot and so far ... UK only as far as (for want of a better definition) group A.

SS

muffin
11th Apr 2005, 19:09
Steve

If you read the EASA consultation document regarding recreational licences, it is possible to infer there may one day be an NPPL(H). About the only positive thing I can think of for being in the EU.

Let's hope so

Irv
11th Apr 2005, 19:26
Do I recall 'differences training' for aircraft cruise > 140kts?

(or was that balloons... :D )

J.A.F.O.
11th Apr 2005, 20:50
Beags - wasn't there talk of changing it from 4 POB to 4 SEATS ?