until I can get my head round the Pitts....luckily, there's
a contingent of ex-YAKH/MAXG members in the Extra group
at WW now in higher levels of competition to show
us novices the way forward.

(Edited - morning brainfade - can't even remember my
own registration)

air18150
11th Apr 2005, 10:14
I am hoping to join the beginers in a Yak 52, and was aiming to be ready for Breighton. Sadly MPD paperwork and a very minor technical problem have prevented any training or practice for the last month+. So unless aircraft / coach / weather etc etc all come together next weekend for an intensive practice Breighton is out. Its too far to drive but if I can get there by air as a spectator I will - just to at least start learning how the events are run.

stiknruda
11th Apr 2005, 10:26
I've decided not to compete this year just do the odd local Airshow instead.

However, I will be at Breighton as I'm buddying a newbie, who I hope will do well in his Christen Eagle!

eharding - the MAXG guys are a good bunch and really help each other out. I don't understand why you are still wasting time with the Russian aeronautical tractor when you can loop and swoop in a very nice S1S with Falcon wings and a Monty Barrett donk!

Stik

djpil
11th Apr 2005, 12:14
Unable to compete in BAeA events this year - will observe from a distance.

(I must get one of those fancy aerobat type usernames)

MikeeB
11th Apr 2005, 12:36
Yup, I'm down for Breighton.

Starting to get a bit stressed about it due to crap weather meaning no practice. I've never flown an "unknown" before either, albeit, I may well have a dabble at that before the event.

It will be my first proper event after doing the begineers at Tiger last year.

Bricking it might be a good term to use.

Have to do a lot of power conservation in the T67 as well. The roll off the top after the loop is bloody hard work, push the stick over and f.a happens........

Depending how I get on this season, and then a BIG dependancy on funds.... I might attempt to get into a group.

While I do love flying the T67, it's relative lack of power and slow roll rate make for interesting times.

Still, it's all good fun which is the main thing :)

eharding
11th Apr 2005, 15:41
Stik,

One new thing at a time :D

Ed.

NinjaBill
11th Apr 2005, 20:45
I should be at brieghton as well, although flying the beginners, so probably only there on the saturday, Ill be flying the same bright yellow firefly as MikeeB.

Wasn't sure if I was going to get enough practice in, but a couple of hours yesterday, and Im a little more confident

regards

NB

Flik Roll
11th Apr 2005, 20:57
I'm will be in the beginners as well - won't be at Brieghton; but hopefully the others. Will be great to meet lots of other people; wasn't actually sure how many people entered beginnners comps :}

What aircraft do you all fly? - Mostly firefly's from the sounds of things!

stiknruda
11th Apr 2005, 21:29
Beginners at Breighton and at most comps is Friday afternoon. Breighton beginners briefing is 14H.

If you are new to competition flying, then it really is a missed opportunity to NOT fly beginners. Firstly you feel the comp adrenaline. Secondly you get scored for your flying and thirdly - you get to see the box from the sky in advance of Saturday's Standard level comp. All in all - a no loose situation!

Stik

NinjaBill
11th Apr 2005, 21:55
I'm only doing the beginners, not the standard the day after. The spin still scares the whatsits out of me.