PDA

View Full Version : simple ques. for u.s. pilots

prozack
9th Apr 2005, 20:34
Hello all,
I am currently going to school to become an airline pilot. I was wondering if Pilots in the United States are allowed to let a passenger in the cockpit to sit through the flight and observe the different phases of flight.
--Thanks for your help!!!

Rollingthunder
9th Apr 2005, 20:45
Short answer is No - unfortunately.

prozack
9th Apr 2005, 20:51
Is it the airlines, TSA, or FAA who prohibit this?
---Thanks

Rollingthunder
10th Apr 2005, 00:12
Pretty sure it's the FAA. Consequences of 9/11. Even before, you might have gotten a brief visit to the flight deck if the Captain was a nice guy but never for the whole flight. Now even the airline's employees are banned except in some cases for fellow flight crew. I used to enjoy my jump seat rides (about 1 in 5 flights) - better than business class and the best view. Got to learn alot..

Flyrr100
10th Apr 2005, 01:20
deleted

I.B. Pilot
10th Apr 2005, 01:28
US pilots,

PLEASE, lets not discuss in public forum, who is and who is not allowed into the cockpit in-flight. You never know who the inquirer is. Unfortunately. After all this is an annonymous form.

There are many bad folks out there who would like to learn what the current practices are. Lets keeps those bad guys in the dark about it.

White Knight
10th Apr 2005, 03:52
I.B Pilot - I'm sure those "bad guys" out there are far more intelligent than you seem to give them credit for. They'll get any information they want, when they want.

It's a real shame jumpseats can't be given away in most airlines:mad:

zehutiman
12th Apr 2005, 04:00
I.B Pilot - I'm sure those "bad guys" out there are far more intelligent than you seem to give them credit for. They'll get any information they want, when they want.
Yeah, they might even resort to getting info from a pilot's forum:hmm: