PDA

View Full Version : How many hours are you allowed to work per annum?

duir
8th Apr 2005, 17:29
Appologies as I am sure this must have been asked before but I am unable to locate it through the search function. How many hours per year may an FI instruct legally?

LEVC
8th Apr 2005, 21:59
As far as i know the same rules apply to all pilots, and the exact amount depends on wich is the country you are working in, in fact if you look in the JAR's they didn't reach an agreement to stablish a european limit.

if i remember well it's around 1100 hours per year in the UK and in France, 900 in Spain.
there is also a dayly, weekly and monthly limit.

Those limits are flexible, I.E. if you fly more this year, or month you have to compensate it the following one, the exceeding amount of hours is also limited, as far as i know 10% is allowed.

Look for the specific regulations.
Cannot remember the UK one but
I do remember vaguely the name of the spanish document
"Circular operativa 16B"

Hope it helps

Whopity
9th Apr 2005, 08:32
Try the Air Navigation Order (CAP393); Section VI Fatigue of Crew - could this be why pilots are required to demonstrate a knowledge of air law, or at least know where to find it?

duir
9th Apr 2005, 19:08
Thanks for that information. Got off fairly lightly there really I thought with just the one comedy comment.:p

DFC
11th Apr 2005, 18:35
900 per year max and 100 in previous 28 days max.....ANO article 74.

regards

DFC

duir
11th Apr 2005, 18:47
Thanks DFC awfully decent of you old chap.

DFC
12th Apr 2005, 10:46
Of course for flight instruction (aerial work), it is possible to do more - provided that one passes a medical every 25 flight hours.........but I don't know any AME that would sign a medical for the sole purpose of permitting anyone to exceed the maximums I quoted!

However, it seems that if say July and was your best month, you could complete 100 hours from 1 to 20 July, renew your medical and do another 25 hours between 20 and 28.......and still be able to fly on the 29th!!!!!

With the flexibility in renewing a medical one can time the renewal to permit a once per year excursion over the 100 hours in 28 days limit........during the summer!

However since the AME questions you regarding hours flown etc at the examination, they may refuse to sign the medical until after you have a break!!!

Regards,

DFC