PDA

View Full Version : Flight training at Biggin Hill

Hobgoblin
7th Apr 2005, 17:17
Can anyone recommend a specific school at Biggin Hill?

Heard about a small club called Allouette. Any thoughts would be welcome.
Thanks

murphyp
7th Apr 2005, 17:22
I am currently training with CABair (http://www.cabair.com) at their school at Biggin, give them a shout - they will give you a trial flight and if you want to pursue you're PPL (Private Pilot License) training then you can get cracking with them.

Afterwards you can then go on to do your IMC, Night ratings, and - like me, CPL/IR ATPL(F)

Hope this Helps
Nutter :ok: :ok:

Hobgoblin
8th Apr 2005, 07:50
Thanks, I'll look into them.

tonker
8th Apr 2005, 13:57
I used to instruct at Biggin Hill and although not familiar with the Cabair setup or instructors, i bet they are lot more expensive than the rest once all the extras are added on.

If you go past all the schools right up to the security barrier and say your going to the schools and follow the road, there are some smaller schools who are very personable and competive.

The main thing is that you are getting on with it with the summer on the way.

Regards

DBChopper
8th Apr 2005, 15:34
Hobgoblin,

Alouette seem to come quite highly recommended. It is second hand info, but a fellow PPL(H)-er is learning to fly fixed wing there (God only knows why... :E ) and seems to be getting on well with them. They are very much a club as opposed to a school / business. Surrey & Kent seem to have a pretty good fleet too, for what it's worth.

DBChopper
:ok:

Penguina
8th Apr 2005, 15:58
From what I remember, Alouette only have 2 aircraft - could be a bit limiting. Nice people though and much cheaper than the alternative because of the setup.

Don't confine yourself to Cabair, look around before you make up your mind.

Hobgoblin
9th Apr 2005, 18:16
Thanks for your feedback everyone. Appreciate it greatly, will report back on how the training is going:ok:

Hobgoblin
21st Apr 2005, 15:24
Eventually hooked up with Harvard Aviation at Redhill.

The wife went solo on the weekend past, well pleased with their service. Anyone looking for a school in the area I can highly recommend them.

(Also landing fees less dear than at Biggin Hill)
:ok: