PDA

View Full Version : Le Touquet overnight flexible accommodation?

Aussie Andy
7th Apr 2005, 15:50
Hi folks, I am planning an overnight stay in Le Touquet with Mrs Aussie Andy and our two daughters. Can anyone recommend accomodation? Ideally it will be pleasant for the family, and not too bad on cancellation policy in case of wx. I recall walking past what looked like a lovely hotel on the way from the airfiled into town last time I was there, but don't know what it was called?

Cheers,

Andy :ok:

Brooklands
7th Apr 2005, 16:42
Andy,

Might be the Westminster - very big, very grand, and expensive, although I haven't stayed there (or anywhwere else in L2K), I think my mate Wycombe has once when he got weathered-in at L2K.

You could try the Le Touquet Website (http://www.letouquet.com/): they have a hotel search/booking page.

Enjoy the trip, are you going from Wycombe or Benson?

Brooklands

Aussie Andy
7th Apr 2005, 17:39
G'day, the trip I'll need the accomodation for will be departing from Wycombe in G-ODAK hopefully. I am doing a day-trip with some other fellas in G-BEFA from Benson prior to this.

Thanks!

Cusco
7th Apr 2005, 20:27
Novotel's quite nice: Situated (literally) right on the beach overhanging the sand at south end of main promenade.
(Opposite end from Aqualud)

Have to say I haven't stayed there for a few years now but Kids enjoyed it.

Peter

Aussie Andy
7th Apr 2005, 22:12
Thanks Cusco, as it happens Mrs AA seems to favour the Novotel from checking it out for similar reasons (proximity to beach for kids), so good to get the word-of-mouth on it as well... cheers!

Andy

Lomcovaks
8th Apr 2005, 14:33
As for the 'proximity' of the Novotel to the beach.....it's on it!

Nothing beats leaving your window open and listening to the sound of the surf as you drift off.

Also, you should be able to get a room with a double and two singles all for the same room rate.

You can also book Novotels from their web site: from memory

www.novotel.com

skua
8th Apr 2005, 14:59
Andy,

surely a tent (on the beach) is the ultimate flexible accomodation?

:-)

Did stay in the Westminster a few years back, but probably a bit too grand for the sprogs....

regards

Skua

Aussie Andy
8th Apr 2005, 15:13
G'day Skua :-) Well the girls are nearly 11yrs old and quite civilised, so I doubt that the Westminster would be too grand for them (they are very into "posh" things at this age!), but on balance the beach sounds best :-) A tent is definitely a non-starter - we're just not a "tent" type of family...!!!

Thanks fellas,

Footless Halls
8th Apr 2005, 20:26
It's not local, it's not flexible and it's certainly not cheap, but you are unlikely to regret staying at the Chateau de Montreuil at (taxi-ride) nearby Montreuil sur Mer...

Wonderful experience!

sharpshot
10th Apr 2005, 15:01
Take a look at www.belvederefrance.com

martinidoc
14th Apr 2005, 10:52
Stayed at the westminster last year. over-priced and definitely faded edwardian (not so charming). Would not recommend.

Chateaux Montreuil (Relais) with 1 or 2 michelin stars my favourate restaurant in the world, but about 30 minute taxi ride from Le2K.

You could try a B&B which have found very comfortable and convenient, with en-suite rooms at about 50 euro (from memory). Actually just behind the Westminster and owned by the family who also own the Flavio restaurant next to the westminster (which is very good)

http://www.activehotels.com/hotels/index.php3?hotelid=225692&trkref=JTF

Have a good trip

2Donkeys
14th Apr 2005, 11:48
Martinidoc.

Whilst I know what you mean about the Westminster, I think you may be being a little too harsh. The fixtures and fittings are new and in great shape.

The main thing that drags it, and other parts of Le Touquet down are the crowds of loud football-shirt-wearing Brits on holiday.

The Chateau de Montreuil is superb, but it certainly isn't convenient for Le Touquet if you intend to combine the beach, and some shopping with your stay.

2D

Aussie Andy
20th Apr 2005, 09:39
Well, I think the lesson for next time is TO BOOK WELL IN ADVANCE!!! We have been unable to find ANYTHING for the late May bank holiday in Le Touquet itself. We have finally booked www.hermitage-montreuil.com which looks nice... we will just have to hope for good weather on the day, or that'll be a couple of hundred Euro (two rooms) down the pan!

Cheers,