PDA

View Full Version : training in canada

southern25
7th Apr 2005, 15:44
I have a simple question to make , is it a good idea for someone from Europe to get all the canadian licences and then convert them to JAA ones ? Whats the total cost, for example, for a canadian fATPL ? I've visited recently Toronto and i found that even in this city the cost of living is quite low .So if training in Canada is as cheap as living there it must be a nice idea . Also are there any schools over there with integrated courses or JAA approved ones? Thanks in advance

Chipmunk DHC-1
13th Apr 2005, 13:23
When I was instructing I had a student from the UK come over to do his licenses in Ottawa (he was actually Canadian but had been living in the UK as his wife is British). He is now back in the UK converting everything to JAA, and says he saved a ton of money just due to the sheer cost of flying in the UK compared to Canada.
I heard something about Moncton Flight College having JAA approval or whatever it is, so you could check them out. Also, if you go to avcanada.com/forums2 there are several threads about JAA stuff.
Good luck!